Hi All

I have experienced something weird with my Bold and am not sure if it's a common problem. When i was texting, my screen goes off for about 1 sec and then comes back on. It happened a few times while i was typing the message. But after that all seemed fine. So far it has happened twice on separate occasions. I have asked a friend who has the Bold and she mentioned that it's quite a common Bold issue. Now i am not sure if i should send it in or let it be if it's really a common problem.

Looking forward to your replies!
    Many thanx!
    06-16-09 03:38 AM
    Can't say that I have ever heard of that...

Is it only when you are texting? It almost seems like something is loose and the movement and pressure of testing is moving the cable just enough to make the screen flicker like that.

Chris
    06-16-09 03:43 AM
    Yeah it happened only when i was texting. But the last time it happened was last week and last night it happened again. Oh dear i'm not sure if i should bring it back to the store and it has been a week plus since i bought it. I think it has passed the 1 for 1 exchange period if i need to get it replaced.
    06-16-09 03:55 AM
    Normally you're given 30 days. Or at least 14.

I'd go switch it cos I don't have this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 04:01 AM
    Normally you're given 30 days. Or at least 14.

I'd go switch it cos I don't have this problem.

Agreed. It is typically a 30 day period.

Chris
    06-16-09 04:05 AM
    I have called up my local telco and apparently they said it could be a software issue. I will need to install the latest software and hopefully it'll work. They said if it does not work then it might just be a hardware issue and that they'll replace my handset.

The sucky part is that it doesn't happen often enough for me to keep track of the problem. Hope it'll go well tonight after i install the latest software.
    06-16-09 05:10 AM
    Thought this might help you with that...

You can find .266 HERE. You can also view the other available OSes for the Bold HERE.

Follow these two guides:

Proper OS Upgrade & Downgrade Procedures

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You will need CrackMem, which you can get HERE. The instructions for CrackMem can be found HERE.

Take your time and follow the instructions carefully.

Chris
    06-16-09 06:06 AM
    Were you texting while holding the oem leather case? It might have turned off due to the magnet. The first time it happened to me, it scared the **** out of me!

06-16-09 07:16 AM
    OMG! Thanx a mill Chris for your help! I will read and install soon as I get home!

06-16-09 07:20 AM
    Were you texting while holding the oem leather case? It might have turned off due to the magnet. The first time it happened to me, it scared the **** out of me!

Oh dear I can't recall but I think I might have. The leather case could be below my phone while I was texting coz I have done that a few times!!
    06-16-09 07:26 AM
    OMG! Thanx a mill Chris for your help! I will read and install soon as I get home!

Quite welcome. Glad to help!

Oh dear I can't recall but I think I might have. The leather case could be below my phone while I was texting coz I have done that a few times!!
    The magnetic sleeper would definitely cause that to happen!

Chris
    06-16-09 07:32 AM
    Quite welcome. Glad to help!

The magnetic sleeper would definitely cause that to happen!

Chris
    Well that must be it then! By affecting the magnetic sleeper, will that cause damage??? So should I still install the updates or let it be?
    06-16-09 08:09 AM
    Well that must be it then! By affecting the magnetic sleeper, will that cause damage??? So should I still install the updates or let it be?
    It will not damage the phone. As to upgrading, do what's comfortable. It is not necessary, but could have some benefits.
    06-16-09 08:13 AM
    i would still take it back and exchange it for another device. I dont think it is an OS problem...

I have two bolds (one for work), on my work one I am running the original OS and i do not have this problem
    06-16-09 10:52 AM
    people really use those leather holster things?
    06-16-09 11:06 AM
    Happened to me in Blackberry Messenger, but only on OS 4.6.0.237. Hasnt done it since Ive been on .266...knock on wood

Hi All

I have experienced something weird with my Bold and am not sure if it's a common problem. When i was texting, my screen goes off for about 1 sec and then comes back on. It happened a few times while i was typing the message. But after that all seemed fine. So far it has happened twice on separate occasions. I have asked a friend who has the Bold and she mentioned that it's quite a common Bold issue. Now i am not sure if i should send it in or let it be if it's really a common problem.

Looking forward to your replies!
    Many thanx!
    06-16-09 11:08 AM
    This was happening to me, until i realised i was holding the case just too close to the blackberry that sometimes the screen kept going off and on! Was really frustrating until i realised what i was actually doing!
    06-16-09 11:38 AM
    Sometimes mine just shuts off when im getting a call, then takes like 5minutes to restart
    06-16-09 01:49 PM
    This was happening to me, until i realised i was holding the case just too close to the blackberry that sometimes the screen kept going off and on! Was really frustrating until i realised what i was actually doing!
    Phewwwww! Ok at least now i know what was wrong with my Bold!
    06-16-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD