I upgraded to version 6 bundle 2391 a few days ago (in my 9700). My BB is scheduled to turn itself off every night at 11:45 PM and restart at 5:30 AM. Ever since I installed 2391, the BB turns off normally (with about 90% battery power remaining). It will not turn on however. For some reason the battery goes to zero while the unit is off. The only way to get it back on is to plug it into a charger for about 10 minutes and then turn it on. It then takes about another hour or so to recharge fully.

Prior to 2391 I have never seen anything like this (battery capacity is usually the same before and after it has been off over night). Is this related to 2391 or purely a coincidence and caused by something else?
    05-04-11 07:37 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. It also slowed the processor down. I actually downgrade to the 695 bundle until I can find out what the solution is.
    05-06-11 05:26 PM
    Installed .534 last night and I've found it to be great. I don't have my BB turn on or off automatically but I did notice battery drainage is more severe in this version. My average discharge rate 1.5%/hr which is good. The memory leak is not as bad as it is in .524. .524 seems to have better battery life but much more of a memory leak. I'd rather have the version with the better memory.
    05-06-11 06:37 PM
    Yeah somehow I think there's problem with battery meter or something related to battery on this .534. I currently have 2 batteries, main and backup. With main battery (almost) everytime the charger stops at 85% level and (very) slowly reaches to 100% in almost an hour. Weird thing is when I unplugged at 85% and use it normally or physically pull the battery, there's time suddenly somehow the battery becomes 100%.

In addition, my handheld shuts down when the battery reaches around 30% with my backup battery. Really weird.
    05-07-11 12:06 AM
    To confirm this was not a battery issue, I purchased a new battery and installed it. Battery drain is still significant 6-10 hours max in my case- not being used. Even turned off, it still is only good for about 10 hours. I would have expected close to zero power consumption while turned off, but instead it is about the same as when it is turned on.
    05-09-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD