Hey

Does the bold support .avi, .wmv, .pdf?
    Just wondering as I use them quite a bit for videos and eMags. Either natively or through and application is fine.

Thanks
    06-02-09 06:14 AM
    No, they aren't supported. Speaking from experience that is. Google "Blackberry bold video converter" there are programs I've downloaded on there that have converted all sizes of files into the type needed to play on your bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 06:26 AM
    avi, depends on the codec and its settings. I play xvids on mine and some play fine, but those encoded with a very high bitrate, stutter or play slowly.

Cant comment on the others.
    06-02-09 06:27 AM
    If you use the Media Manager through Desktop Manager you can drag the movie to your Blackberry and it will convert it to a .mp4 and it will play. I just made a .wmv of my daughter's dance recital and copied/converted it and it plays fine. I tried to just copy over the .wmv file without converting and I got sounds but no video.
    06-02-09 08:09 AM
    PDF's work for me... E-mail it to yourself as an attachment.

06-02-09 09:26 AM
    The Bold supports all of those formats if encoded correctly. I have a few AVIs and WMVs that work just fine but most are sketchy at best. You can view PDFs via the Bold's attachment viewer, but there's no native support within the OS, meaning you'd need a standalone viewer to open PDFs from your media card.
    06-02-09 09:28 AM
    You can probably get them to play.....but I wouldn't expect "Speed Racer" quality....

06-02-09 10:34 AM
    pdfs are converted to images on the Bold unless you have a 3rd party viewer.
    06-02-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD