Does anyone know if the Bold will do Adobes Flash Player- I like frequenting the Various Middle East Video News Sites (Israeli Broadcasting) and alot of their news stuff is done with "Flash"

Will the Bold also do UTube?

Have they fixed the battery times, Lastly has Blackberry come out with software for MS Vista Ultimate/

Thank You
    Larry
    [email protected]
    09-09-08 05:46 PM
    Youtube definately works. Not too sure about other sites. If it uses the same flash player, then I reckon so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 07:23 PM
    Mobile youtube works. There is no youtube application to replicate the selection of youtube movies you have on a PC or iPhone.
    09-09-08 08:11 PM
    Please help,

I have blcakberry bold with os 4,6

I could be able to watch youtube videos.
    I also try m.youtube.com

When I try to watch you tube a new screen comes and ask if I want to go Wap for it or not. If I accept İt says Couldnt find the adress İf I dont accept it dosnt do anythink.

Thx
    12-29-08 11:11 AM
    Please help,

I have blcakberry bold with os 4,6

I could be able to watch youtube videos.
    I also try m.youtube.com

When I try to watch you tube a new screen comes and ask if I want to go Wap for it or not. If I accept ?t says Couldnt find the adress ?f I dont accept it dosnt do anythink.

Thx

I have the exact same problem when I press ok after it asks to change to wap it says error loading video. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

12-30-08 01:23 AM
    I get those error messages sometimes in poor reception areas. Try the m.youtube site on wifi or several bars of 3g or you'll have problems streaming the data.
    There is no true (adobe) flash for blackberry, iphone, or any other phone. I heard someone (samsung?) Made their own version for one of their phones (omnia?) But everyone else is stuck with the mobile version of the site for now.
    If your sites rely upon flash and have no mobile version, it's unlikely that they'll work/display as intended on any phone, if they work at all.

12-30-08 01:40 AM
    How funny I tried it on wifi and it worked. I guess I did have low reception, I also tried it on 3g and the videos played. Thanks

12-30-08 02:34 AM
    Can't get UTube to work on my bb BOLD. I'm trying it over WiFi. It just says loading... and that's all. Can anyone give me the settings. Maybe something is set wrong.
    02-08-09 10:51 AM
    Flash Videos currently do not work on Blackberry. However, youtube mobile uses a different video codec. You should be able to view it
    02-09-09 12:11 AM
    I need some suggestions, I can get UTube to work over the 3G network but not on my WiFi. Everyone else is saying they have UTube, is that on 3G or WiFi? I noticed just before it play's a file on the 3G network, my Bb Bold would ask me if I want to play it through WAP, but it does not ask me this when I'm on WiFi. Any suggestions anyone?
    02-09-09 11:37 PM
    Flash Videos currently do not work on Blackberry. However, youtube mobile uses a different video codec. You should be able to view it
    RIM needs to start working on Flash Support. Apple is already getting on that.
    02-09-09 11:41 PM
    I need some suggestions, I can get UTube to work over the 3G network but not on my WiFi. Everyone else is saying they have UTube, is that on 3G or WiFi? I noticed just before it play's a file on the 3G network, my Bb Bold would ask me if I want to play it through WAP, but it does not ask me this when I'm on WiFi. Any suggestions anyone?
    I have the exact same problem.
    02-10-09 12:24 AM
    I get those error messages sometimes in poor reception areas. Try the m.youtube site on wifi or several bars of 3g or you'll have problems streaming the data.
    There is no true (adobe) flash for blackberry, iphone, or any other phone. I heard someone (samsung?) Made their own version for one of their phones (omnia?) But everyone else is stuck with the mobile version of the site for now.
    If your sites rely upon flash and have no mobile version, it's unlikely that they'll work/display as intended on any phone, if they work at all.

I did want to point out that this isn't completely true. Skyfire on Windows Mobile (a browser, still in beta testing) supports embedded flash videos, including on the native youtube website.
    02-10-09 11:21 AM
    I did want to point out that this isn't completely true. Skyfire on Windows Mobile (a browser, still in beta testing) supports embedded flash videos, including on the native youtube website.
    hey thanks for telling us about the Skyfire. just had a look at the reviews about the Skyfire for Blackberry it looks really promising.

can't wait looking forward to it
    06-04-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD