Can anyone with both phones check and see if the Bold door fits on to the Tour? Does it create a tight fit?
    05-19-10 08:08 AM
    yes please someone answer this! i'm dying to know!
    05-19-10 08:39 PM
    i would just like to know if the bold battery door fits the bold snug. that would a big improvement over the tour for me.
    05-19-10 09:43 PM
    Pretty sure the Tour 2 battery door is physically identical to the Tour 1 door.

That being said, the original loose battery door of the Tour 1 wasn't all just the door or hinge. Most of the blame can be placed on the latch catch machined into the phone itself. The lip on the back pannel of the phone that actually catches the locking latch of the door is "too thin" and the latch has room to move on the y axis of the phone. Making that lip thicker would have solved this problem, so if the new door/hinge is no different then the original one, then the new door on the old Tours would still wiggle. The only saving grace would be if the hinge on the new doors has thicker teeth on it (hence less clearence where they catch the lip on the back of the phone) or if they've changed the padding a bit on the new one. However, all thicker padding on the inside of the door will do is just make the gap between the phone body and door bigger, while also somewhat solving the wiggle problem of the door. The real solution would be to thicken up the slit on the back of the phone housing the latch teeth go into so that the door is held snugger on the y axis and hense doesn't move.

A good fix for this is to take two pieces of clear tape and overlap about 1mm worth over the opening of the latch cutout on the back of the phone coming up from the bottom of the phone. Once this is done, and upon installation of the battery door, the latch teeth will bend down the tape and under the lip inside the phone.... inturn adding just enough thickness to the latch catch to hold the door snuggly. the install is clean and invisible as long as you don't open the battery door... and completely reversable.

If you were able to keep up... you're welcome.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-19-10 at 10:22 PM.
    05-19-10 10:15 PM
    Yep, the Tour battery door fits on the Bold and vice versa
    05-19-10 10:28 PM
    Uses the same batteries too?
    05-19-10 11:21 PM
    Uses the same batteries too?
    Yep........
    05-19-10 11:36 PM
    Yep, the Tour battery door fits on the Bold and vice versa
    Does the Bold door fit tightly on the Tour?
    05-22-10 06:14 PM
    Yeah it fits. I tried it as soon as I took the 9650 outta the box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD