Just wondering, as I have recently purchased a Blackberry Bold 9700 White from eBay and I don't see one.

Find it weird as my old black one had a white water sensor (which went red after it got wet).

Not sure if my model is a fake or not...
    07-09-11 04:44 AM
    Don't know specifically about the White version, on the black there is one just to the left of the battery contacts and there is one on the actual battery. Maybe in lieu of the indicator the whole phone turns pink if it gets wet!!!
    Last edited by CrackBerryBryan; 07-09-11 at 05:15 AM.
    07-09-11 05:10 AM
    Yes the White one does !
    07-09-11 05:44 AM
    Yes the White one does !
    Thanks for the replies.

I remember where my one was on the black, but this one there's nothing. No jutting out plastic bit either for the white tape to be (so it isn't just that it fell off, etc.).

Do you reckon this is suspicious? The only reason I'm worried is that the box wasn't sealed and the phone does crash every now and then.
    07-09-11 07:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I remember where my one was on the black, but this one there's nothing. No jutting out plastic bit either for the white tape to be (so it isn't just that it fell off, etc.).

Do you reckon this is suspicious? The only reason I'm worried is that the box wasn't sealed and the phone does crash every now and then.
    There should definitely be a white moisture sticker in there. If there isn't, most likely it was removed because it was red. I would say you probably bought yourself a water damaged phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 08:39 AM
    There should definitely be a white moisture sticker in there. If there isn't, most likely it was removed because it was red. I would say you probably bought yourself a water damaged phone.

Oh dear... this is what I was worried about!

Is there any way of checking for sure?
    07-09-11 11:16 AM
    Not unless you open up the phone but I wouldn't recommend that. A missing sticker doesn't mean for sure the phone got wet, just suspicious, especially with your random reboot issue.

07-09-11 07:45 PM
    Have you tried reloading the OS on the phone to get rid of those crashes? If you haven't, you might want to consider it. You could also just return the phone and get your money back.
    07-10-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD