I posted this in the 6.0.0.600 thread but I wanted to branch out a bit and find out how many people actually have and use this. I got it for free in December when my wife and I upgraded to the 9650. I love to tinker with my Bold and I'm always playing with the most current OS be it a leak or a hybrid or even official. But for some reason, the two official Sprint releases (.415 and .600) I have NOT been able to get it to work on. Every other leak or official release (other than Alltel's .436 which I never tried) I have been able to get it to work even if it wasn't included in the leak. Is there something in the sprint released that directly conflicts with Vzw PTT? If anyone else out there tinkers with it, I'd love to compare notes.

Anyone?
    07-08-11 03:55 PM
    I use mine with the wife. We are the only ones I know on Verizon that have PTT capable phones. Seems like it doesn't work with Sprint releases. I know it didn't on mine with .415. I have been running Kings hybrid and now the OSBB hybrids for the 9650 for the last couple months. I haven't tried running .600 and probably won't since OSBB is getting ready to release another version of their hybrid possibly this weekend.
    07-08-11 09:53 PM
    PTT on Verizon carries another additional charge right?
    07-09-11 11:42 AM
    PTT on Verizon carries another additional charge right?

Verizon has been running a promo for a while giving it to you for free. The $5 charge is on the bill but then they discount it. Don't know if they are still doing it or not.
    07-09-11 12:35 PM
    Oh really?? Never heard of that. I am surprised since verizon generally enjoys nickel and diming for everything. Thanks for the info.
    07-09-11 02:18 PM
    The promo was originally for the Tour last spring but it was sill going when we got our Bolds last December, and they didn't even tell us, we asked for PTT and were willing to pay for it and we still got the promo.
    07-09-11 07:42 PM
    The promo was originally for the Tour last spring but it was sill going when we got our Bolds last December, and they didn't even tell us, we asked for PTT and were willing to pay for it and we still got the promo.

Same here. Got the Bolds in January. Logged into account online to add PTT to give it a try to see if it was worth having being as me and the wife had just left Nextel and got the promo.
    07-09-11 09:15 PM
    Is it still going on? And how long do you get it for?
    07-09-11 11:21 PM
    I don't know if it's still going on, but the promo was free PTT for the life of the phone.
    07-10-11 12:55 PM
    How well does PTT work?
    07-10-11 01:53 PM
    Very well, I have very little complaints with it. I would even go as far as to say it would be worth the 5$/month fee (if I was paying for it) if you are going to use it. My wife and I use it almost every day. The biggest complaint is getting it to work with certain OS releases and leaks, but if you stick to official Vzw releases that won't be a problem.
    07-11-11 01:51 PM
    The Sprint radio file likely is the issue.
    07-11-11 02:08 PM
    I had this on my BB Bold for a little bit. I got it for free during the promo, and used it with a few other friends. It wasn't a bad way to communicate, and it was different. Nothing to get overly excited over, however it was another option.
    07-12-11 05:59 AM
    How do I find out if the promo is still going on?
    07-12-11 10:39 PM
    How do I find out if the promo is still going on?
    If a customer adds the service between 3/30/10 and 6/30/10 they will receive PTT service for free for the duration of their contract.
    Does that answer your question?
    07-12-11 10:42 PM
    Does that answer your question?
    Yes but not the answer I was hoping for.
    07-12-11 11:08 PM
    I got the wife and I's Bold's in January of this year and still got the free promo so it might be worth a shot to check with VZW. I ordered the phones online and added the PTT online and was given the promo.
    07-13-11 04:35 PM
    yeah i have a few friends that use it but since i am not on vz i cannot use it with sprint, i just use the loudtalks app and had all my vz friends download it, lol
    07-13-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD