Hi, And thanks to all who made this site what it is today! I have an Unlocked Blackberry Bold with T-Mobile and I was wondering if there is a way to download the My Faves Icons into the phone.

Thanks in advance!!
    01-15-09 02:16 PM
    It should install as part of the OS, but only if your phone is branded and VendorID for T-Mo. Otherwise I don't think the install will work because the switches for the install are mostly within the .cod binary files. I would be very cautious about trying to hack these files to remove the T-Mo tags, unless I had a spare phone and didn't care if it trashed the software.
    01-15-09 05:04 PM
    on the curve there was a way to do it with an unlocked 8310 curve where you would change a few settings in the OS then just download the Tmo theme that is bundled with the OS
    there is no official TMO theme for the Bold since Tmo doesnt offer the Bold in any form
    you dont need fave 5 icons for fave 5 to work...go to tmo.com and manage your fave 5
    01-15-09 05:10 PM
    Yeah, I kinda thought about doing something like the cod files but was not sure if it can be done with the bold. It makes sense that you did it with the curve being that curve is supported by t-mobile. It does not brick the phone trying this but I would just have to wipe and install OS again if it doesn't work And I don't have the time for experimentation so I was hopeing someone knew.

Thanks,
    01-15-09 07:47 PM
    There's really no need to do that. Like someone else said its software specific for a T-Mobile branded phone. You can manage Your Faves on your online account. My faves is number specific and not dependent on a screen icon. I had an unlocked iPhone and had my faves and it didn't matter that iPhone didn't have the icons.
    01-15-09 08:03 PM
    There's really no need to do that. Like someone else said its software specific for a T-Mobile branded phone. You can manage Your Faves on your online account. My faves is number specific and not dependent on a screen icon. I had an unlocked iPhone and had my faves and it didn't matter that iPhone didn't have the icons.
    Thanks! But Again, I know this! Just wanted to see if I can get the little cool Icons.
    01-16-09 08:18 AM
    I just got my bold a few days ago and need to get it unlocked soon. So, has there been any update with regards to the MyFave icons for an unlocked Bold?

And even without the icons, my myFave should still work even with a phone that doesn't support myFave??

Thanks !!
    03-16-09 01:21 PM
    The Bold has no software support for the carousel, sadly, but both RIM and T-Mobile promise an official software update to remedy that. In the meantime, however, a simple carousel app that emulated the GUI of the T-Mobile my-Faves carousel (or something similar) would be outstanding.

Wouldn't have to tie into the my-Faves at all but rather, just a spinner carousel of icons that would link to address book contacts in a superficially similar manner.

if only I had the programming chops, I would do it myself as I'm sure it would be a fairly popular item.
    01-07-10 08:38 PM
    I've heard before that we can manage our my Favs online at T-mobile, but I can't find how to do that anywhere??? Maybe I'm just blonde, but what's the path to doing that? Help Please
    05-21-10 04:40 PM
    Log in to your account at T-Mobile.com and it should be right there on the main page.
    06-09-10 12:34 PM
    It's a shame that T-mo did away with the My Favs carousel, imo. It was a nice idea.
    06-09-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD