Perfect no. Nothing is perfect. My track pad is just fine. Just let it go.
    06-11-10 06:37 AM
    Doesn't seem like it's as widespread with the Curve series or the 9700 though.

That is because there is more of a lower user base.
    06-11-10 02:16 PM
    I am definitely obsessive-compulsive with my phones, so when I get my bold 9650, I will definitely be checking for a perfect trackpad. I know it sounds ridiculous to fuss over a minor detail, but I refuse to pay $150 for a wonky looking phone.
    06-11-10 02:23 PM
    My eyesight is not that great, but it seems that my keyboard is perfect. I do, however, see slight light leakage in between struts of keyboard. No biggie tho.
    06-11-10 02:25 PM
    My track pad is flush & works great, much better than the track ball for sure.
    06-11-10 02:58 PM
    I was thinking that it was like that so that when the phone sits in one hand (for righties) and naturally you use the right top tip of your thumb to scroll around it would respond better than if it was flat.
    06-11-10 03:46 PM
    Higher on the left and flush on the right....amazing job of quality control with these phones.
    06-11-10 04:27 PM
    Higher on the left and flush on the right....
    Ditto here. Had I not made the mistake of reading this thread I probably never would've noticed.
    06-11-10 06:39 PM
    >>I was thinking that it was like that so that when the phone sits in one hand (for righties) and naturally you use the right top tip of your thumb to scroll around it would respond better than if it was flat.<<

X2
    06-11-10 06:44 PM
    Perhaps im the lucky one. My trackpad is perfect. Flush and centered.
    06-11-10 07:05 PM
    The other day I was walking down the street in Brooklyn. I noticed a lady in a poultry shop closely inspecting a just-killed and plucked chicken (yes they still have such shops in Brooklyn).

The lady turned the bird over and over, smelled under each wing and leg etc etc. Finally the frustrated butcher asked, "Hey Lady, could you pass a test like that?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 07:54 AM
    I got a Verizon 9650 online last week and everything is great except my trackpad is flush on the right and tilts down on the left. I have read some threads where people have mentioned this as well. My question is should I even bother going to the vzw store and try to exchange or it it pretty much a waste of time and just how it is?

Anyone have a perfect trackpad?
    Mine is perfect.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-12-10 09:35 AM
    Mine is higher on the left. Like some of you, I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for reading this forum. It doesn't affect the operation of the device at all, but I don't like it. Still, I don't know if it's worth the hassle to take it back and I wager that not all stores will be as accommodating to switch it out.
    06-12-10 10:39 AM
    Both mine and my wife's are perfect.
    06-12-10 11:29 AM
    Do any of u with crooked trackpad know if yur phones made in mexico or canada. idk if there still made in canada though.

06-12-10 03:42 PM
    Mine was made in Mexico and one of the first delivered, my wife got hers in Feb, and it was made in Canada. Both have near perfect looking and acting trackpads and so far have been trouble free overall
    06-12-10 04:34 PM
    mine's flush on the Left and low on the Right. i might decide to disassemble this thing to see if it's a simple fix like the business card fix on the Tour track ball.

edit, i can't post a link to the thread but it's in in the crackberry forum, "Blackberry tips, how to's and FAQ. look for the thread titled "How to Take Apart Tour 9630 / Fix Trackball Issues"
    Last edited by RadioZero; 06-13-10 at 07:00 AM.
    06-12-10 05:23 PM
    The trackpad on mine is almost perfect. If I look hard enough, I can tell the left side of the trackpad is slightly higher than the right side. Like a few people said though, I wouldn't have even noticed it unless someone mentioned it.

Other than that, my 9650 works perfectly. The trackpad not being 100% flush doesn't affect the operation of it at all.

06-12-10 05:59 PM
    mine's flush on the Left and low on the Right. i might decide to disassemble this thing to see if it's a simple fix like the credit card fix on the Tour track ball.

edit, i can't post a link to the thread but it's in in the crackberry forum, "Blackberry tips, how to's and FAQ. look for the thread titled "How to Take Apart Tour 9630 / Fix Trackball Issues"
    If you're able to fix this successfully, please let us know. There may be others who would like to try this as well.
    06-12-10 06:53 PM
    Mine was made in Mexico and one of the first delivered, my wife got hers in Feb, and it was made in Canada.
    Insider or pre-release? How did your wife get a Bold 9650 in Feb(ruary)?
    06-12-10 11:04 PM
    Had I not made the mistake of reading this thread I probably never would've noticed.
    Same here! I was perfectly happy with my new phone until I stumbled upon this thread. Now, my OCD is gonna have me up all night thinking about this defective phone - or maybe not ...all I gotta do is think about that miserable trackball and my slanted trackpad becomes ever so tolerable. Plus, if I use my left hand more, maybe it'll even-out. Lol
    06-13-10 01:28 AM
    I am almost impossible to please and even I consider my trackpad to be perfect. I pulled mine out of the box first and mentally claimed it before I discovered that the second 9650's (my mom's) trackpad was slightly crooked. I knew she would never, ever notice or care, so I stuck to my mental commitment to my device. I'm very glad I did.
    06-13-10 03:34 AM
    Same here! I was perfectly happy with my new phone until I stumbled upon this thread. Now, my OCD is gonna have me up all night thinking about this defective phone - or maybe not ...all I gotta do is think about that miserable trackball and my slanted trackpad becomes ever so tolerable. Plus, if I use my left hand more, maybe it'll even-out. Lol
    LOL!!! I totally agree with you. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
    06-13-10 03:29 PM
    went to a verizon store just to feel the difference of a "normal" track pad, come to find out i prefer mind slanted as i use my bb with right hand haha
    06-13-10 05:42 PM
    Insider or pre-release? How did your wife get a Bold 9650 in Feb(ruary)?
    I was referring to the trackpad on a 9700
    06-13-10 06:31 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD