Do you think that we all will get excited, and upgrade to the 9900. Then few months later, RIM will announce a minor upgrade like 9950 for example which will be the same but with an AutoFocus camera? Or do you think the next BlackBerry's will be the QNX based ones in about a year?
    08-06-11 08:18 PM
    Do you think that we all will get excited, and upgrade to the 9900. Then few months later, RIM will announce a minor upgrade like 9950 for example which will be the same but with an AutoFocus camera? Or do you think the next BlackBerry's will be the QNX based ones in about a year?
    IMO the next high end device will be QNX. It will be a successor to the 50/60. We may see another Bold on BBOS, though I doubt it. The Curve will probably receive another spec bump on BBOS.
    08-06-11 08:21 PM
    I hope so. I would be really ticked off to spend all my money buying the 9900 despite the grudge I have about the lack of AF, only to discover a few months down the road, that a better 99xx is about to be released
    08-06-11 08:23 PM
    I hope so. I would be really ticked off to spend all my money buying the 9900 despite the grudge I have about the lack of AF, only to discover a few months down the road, that a better 99xx is about to be released
    If i was RIM, I'd have a Bold on QNX shortly after the 4inch+ slab we've heard almost nothing about, and keep the curve on BB7 for another generation.
    08-06-11 08:25 PM
    That's be great! like a free upgrade for us people who are investing in the 9900
    08-06-11 08:26 PM
    They wont put an AF camera in it!

That wouldn't be an upgrade, Nokia has been known for having the best Camera's on cellphones they haven't used AF in a number of years. they use the same tech RIM is now using, and the short falls of the tech seem to be minimized for RIM such as short distance images.
    08-06-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD