Do you think RIM read this forum........to see where they are going right / wrong with OS ??
    09-04-08 04:16 AM
    I would guess that they do read these forums.
    09-04-08 08:33 AM
    RIM definitely monitor this forum. it is in their business interest.
    09-04-08 08:45 AM
    I would have to believe so due to the fact we are commenting on their product and the amount of exposure the website has.

Come on, you don't think they aren't CrackBerries addicts there too do you?
    09-04-08 08:57 AM
    yes they probably monitor, but as for seeing what they are doing as far as OS wise they ahve people for that all ready.
    Last edited by addict83; 09-04-08 at 10:44 AM. Reason: I didn't read it clearly
    09-04-08 08:58 AM
    Hello RIM guy! Release the Bold already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 09:37 AM
    Do you think RIM read this forum........to see where they are going right / wrong with OS ??
    They probably visit this site but NOT to see what's wrong with their OS. They have real testers for that. The LAST place businesses look for real feedback is on message boards because often times it's simply people complaining without a true understanding of the system.

Businesses have quality assurance departments for their testing.
    09-04-08 09:50 AM
    Hmmm...good point.
    09-04-08 09:52 AM
    Out of all the blackberry forums I would say they check this one. They probably don't rely too heavily on our input tho they have field testers for that.

09-04-08 10:00 AM
    There are other BB forums besides CB?

Hahaha

That's a dirty lie.

09-04-08 10:03 AM
    I doubt that RIM look at CrackBerry officially. They have their own marketing dept. who is responsible for product features and release dates, etc. These people do not wish to hear about a bunch of amateurs fiddling with their product. They have 19 million BlackBerrys out there and we are 300K so we really are a drop in the ocean for them.

I do think however that there must be RIM employees who at least look and maybe are even members. They are here on their own account because they are fans of their own products and jobs.

From time to time, their information must pop up in meetings and just maybe one of our points will get raised.

More that this, I am really not sure. I would like to think so but the numbers are against us. Corporate feedback rules, regrettably.
    09-04-08 10:12 AM
    It would be nice for someone inside to confirm this.

09-04-08 10:31 AM
    Problem is, just about anyone can claim to be working for RIM.

And The likelihood of them having a press release telling members of Crackberry.com that "We have your backs yo" is unlikely.
    09-04-08 02:35 PM
    Like others have said it will be in there best interests, yeah were only a pinch of all the BB users on the globe, but if anything were the people trying to use BB's to there full potential and not just for calling/texting/emailing....
    09-04-08 02:40 PM
    I think Rim needs to quit every BB to celebs and give them to real people like the ones on CB! then we will post how much we love them and more people will by them.
    09-04-08 02:42 PM
    Problem is, just about anyone can claim to be working for RIM.

And The likelihood of them having a press release telling members of Crackberry.com that "We have your backs yo" is unlikely.
    ...I wish they would say that...

09-04-08 02:46 PM
    In the grander scheme of things, 300,000 isn't a large enough number of people to gain the attention of RIM.

It would be naiive to THINK that they would cater to a website with 300,000 members.

Who cares if we (members of crackberry.com) use our phones to their fullest potential, so long as they (RIM) entice us enough to hand over our money for their device, their job is DONE.

RIM gives equal importance to those who use their device for tethering (or any other complex Blackberry related action), as much as those who use their device for simple mall get togethors.

P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E !!!
    09-04-08 02:57 PM
    I think i didn't make my point clear, what i meant when i said were the core users as we use our Blackberrys to there fullest potentials and therefore will most likely stumble upon bugs etc that need issuing in new f/w's that any casual blackberry user would not encounter nor care about.
    09-04-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD