I am a HUGE abuser and even when using EDGE on my Blackberry Bold on T-Mobile, I still suck down the battery. I always have a spare battery in my glove compartment and that is always convenient but still kind of a pain in the **** to have to replace it out when the time comes. So now I just read all about this Case-Mate Fuel external battery/holster and it has me drooling a bit. Does anyone here have this? What are you thoughts? I read Kevin's quick take on it and I was wondering about you guys...

Share your thoughts! I am real close to buying one of these!
    05-31-09 10:40 AM
    From what Kevin had to say about it, it looks pretty good. I don't have one and wont ever get one because I don't need an extended/spare battery, but for someone who does it looks like it will work very well.
    05-31-09 10:50 AM
    The only problem I've had with it is that my phone is hardly ever in it's holster, because I use it constantly. However, if my BB's battery gets really low, I know I can always holster my phone for 20 minutes or so and come out with a bit more charge. It helps that you can see the BB message indicator LED when it's holstered, so I can just set the whole shebang on my desk.
    05-31-09 11:23 AM
    it looks interesting i will admit, but i dont like that it doenst have the sleeper magnet.
    05-31-09 12:13 PM
    it looks interesting i will admit, but i dont like that it doenst have the sleeper magnet.
    It doesn't need a magnet, it puts your phone to sleep without it.
    05-31-09 12:17 PM
    I got one about two weeks ago and it is very good. I also never put my phone done so I really don't use it unless I am in my car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 12:53 PM
    my battery lasts about 4 hours with wi fi turned off, i was going to go swap it out at the local warranty location, but as i read this thread it seems that maybe this is common. I use the **** out of it, so what are your thoughts? Is 4 hours common for excessive use?
    05-31-09 01:41 PM
    I have it and it's bailed me out on more than one occasion. I keep it turned off until the Bold runs dry then I fire it up.
    05-31-09 01:50 PM
    is it normal for the battery life to be only 4 or 5 hours during heavy use?
    05-31-09 01:52 PM
    Berry batteries are the worst. I also get about 4 hours out of my battery. I bought an extendded battery but it adds bulk and weight to the phone. I'm getting a casemate
    05-31-09 01:58 PM
    yea, i will probably get a case mate, though i love my bb holster that came with the device.

or maybe i will get an extra battery and leave it in the truck/office/wherever
    05-31-09 02:00 PM
    Seidio battery is what you should replace it with. The extended life is well worth the price, and i generally get 3-4 days with normal usage out of mine... Normal being checking email frequently, and light web usage.
    05-31-09 02:08 PM
    I'm thinking about getting one as well. But, I already have an extended(BA) battery and an extra battery for my BOLD.

05-31-09 02:09 PM
    Oh... So the selling point of case mate is cos the stronger batteries add bulk and weight.

At first I was just thinking "just get a better battery"....

05-31-09 02:14 PM
    Well, Jason, I took a look at it and extra batteries or not, I like it. I can use my BA Battery while I'm driving with google maps running and switch to the Case-Mate Fuel later. Besides, with all the new devices coming within the next year and at&t upgrading their coverage, my BOLD is in good shape
    06-15-09 11:00 PM
    I just ordered it so i'll be able to give my personal opinion on it soon. I googled it to see the reviews that it was getting and they were are all excellent cant wait to get it. I took the plunge because i am not planning on upgrading my phone until the magnum or touch screen/qwerty hybrid and that could be a long time from now.
    06-18-09 03:25 PM
    I just ordered it so i'll be able to give my personal opinion on it soon. I googled it to see the reviews that it was getting and they were are all excellent cant wait to get it. I took the plunge because i am not planning on upgrading my phone until the magnum or touch screen/qwerty hybrid and that could be a long time from now.
    Yeah, The BA battery will be on the shelf. Lol. I'll get mine ordered today. Didn't have time yesterday. I also plan to wait on the Magnum as well. Maybe a year from now before it's released. But, IMO, the BOLD is as hot today as it was in November when I first received it. Besides that. I'm not trying to keep up with anyone on having the latest and greatest. As long as it works, I'm good......for now

06-19-09 10:06 AM
    i'm happy with mine. i purchased it from the case-mate website for $60. there is a coupon "fathersday09" that is good until sunday. it brings the cost down to $60 plus shipping is free. so if you debating wether or not to jump in, now is the time!
    06-19-09 10:36 AM
    I've had mine for a few weeks now and I would say it has changed how I use my phone. I no longer have the need for mid-day charges nor do I have to worry about conserving battery. I think it's a good price considering you're getting a battery and a holster!
    06-19-09 11:17 AM
    i'm happy with mine. i purchased it from the case-mate website for $60. there is a coupon "fathersday09" that is good until sunday. it brings the cost down to $60 plus shipping is free. so if you debating wether or not to jump in, now is the time!
    Thanks for posting. Got it ordered with the discount.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-19-09 at 04:55 PM.
    06-19-09 11:19 AM
    Oh Nice!!!
    06-19-09 05:36 PM
    Nope don't got one.

06-19-09 11:16 PM
    No way i paid $83 with shipping for it like three days ago
    06-20-09 04:23 AM
    Got my Case mate fuel case today and its charging right now, as a matter of fact i see the green light so its fully charged already. I can't wait to test this thing out. The material of the case is real nice and gives you a real good grip. Also i have read before that it was supposed to be heavy so i was expecting that but surprisingly i found it to be light. Has a little weight to it when the phone is in the case but nothing overbearing. Loving this investment already.
    Last edited by championart; 06-25-09 at 12:08 AM.
    06-25-09 12:06 AM
    Just got mine in a few days ago.

Also read the comments about it being heavy. Non-issue for me

Like others, I don�t always want to charge my BB everytime I�m near a charger. I also don�t always want to use an extended(Big Azz) battery. So, the holster/charger combo works for me.
    06-25-09 08:04 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD