So everyday I check Application Management in settings because I like to know when I should reboot or not. Sometimes I don't bother but when you got time its easy to check. As I'm sure you know, as the day goes on there is some "memory bleeding" from apps and I usually start with 160 MB's after a reboot or change of battery.

I noticed that when I am getting down to 90-60 Mb's I get some slow loading or freezing issues and then I know it is usually time for a battery change around suppertime regardless.

It is good to reboot anyway, as it keeps things running fast all day but I was just wondering if anyone else bothers to check the remaining storage or do you just wait until it starts freezing?

When I am ending a phone call I want to know I will be able to hang up at the end because if you get freezing, that can slow things down.

I should mention I have 16 Apps on the device NOT including what is pre-loaded like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-01-16 03:25 PM
    I use the Advance OS and LED app to automate memory flushing (2-3 times a day) and nightly reboots, essential for trouble free running. In any event that's a great app, which is well worth a look if you have not already checked it

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...45506/?lang=en
    05-01-16 04:59 PM
    I use the Advance OS and LED app to automate memory flushing (2-3 times a day) and nightly reboots, essential for trouble free running. In any event that's a great app, which is well worth a look if you have not already checked it

"Automate Memory flushing?" By that do you mean it reboots at a certain time on its own or does it work in the background to clean the memory?

thanks I will check it

05-01-16 06:23 PM

20 apps in one? Looks like quite a setup
    05-01-16 07:11 PM
    Interesting app!

05-02-16 01:33 AM
    "Automate Memory flushing?" By that do you mean it reboots at a certain time on its own or does it work in the background to clean the memory?

thanks I will check it

It can automate memory flushing, cleaning caches etc., which is distinct from a reboot (See Device Optimizer under Operating System Utilities tab) I find that doing both of these on a daily basis keeps battery pulls to a rare event.

Advance OS is an amazing app but there are probably others that can do similar. If you're not already doing so make sure your Bold is running the last (most up-to-date) version of OS7.1; that transformed my 9900 and I very rarely have to resort to forced restarts or battery pulls.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 05-02-16 at 11:32 AM.
    05-02-16 04:01 AM
    It can automate memory flushing, cleaning caches etc., which is distinct from a reboot (See Device Optimizer under Operating System Utilities tab) I find that doing both of these on a daily basis keeps battery pulls to a rare event.

https://db.tt/UB8nHJthhttps://db.tt/DcSEyJ80

Advance OS is an amazing app but there are probably others that can do similar. If you're not already doing so make sure your Bold is running the last (most up-to-date) version of OS7.1; that transformed my 9900 and I very rarely have to resort to forced restarts or battery pulls.
    I'm running a pretty early version of 7.1, I don't even have the Hotspot feature that I have noticed.

05-02-16 11:09 AM
    and when shooting video my zoom feature is non existent, so ya, early version

05-02-16 10:43 PM