yeah. you're right. 16 and married with kids... maybe where you originally come from hillbilly. oh and by the it's "the most stupid" and not "stupidest" so take a grammer lesson from a 16 year old. C0CK.
    hate to be a *****, but its grammar. not grammer.

a+ thread
    06-03-09 04:09 PM
    This got ugly quick. All over a Sharpie.
    Lol, never disrespect a mans sharpie!!!
    06-03-09 04:09 PM
    yeah you're right bt224. sorry guys. getting worked up over nothing... taking offense from a guy that's user name is the extension of his ***** wasn't controlled on my behalf and i apologise. now back to the results of an awesome thread.
    06-03-09 04:12 PM
    hate to be a *****, but its grammar. not grammer.

a+ thread
    LOL LOL LOL. was bleak when typing it. my bad
    06-03-09 04:13 PM
    i think this is not the "stupidest" thing its a nice alternative for people like myself who rather not try to take apart the bb and end up destroying it

how do u get it pinkkk? pink sharpie? or red sharpie?
    06-03-09 04:13 PM
    It definitely isn't stupid, the guy was just hating for no apparent reason. For Pink i would say Pink Sharpie but i'm not sure if Sharpie makes Pink Permanent markers. The key to this is that it should be a permanent marker and not just any marker along with vinegar atleast thats what worked for me.
    06-03-09 04:17 PM
    Well what do you know just looked in my pack of Permanent Sharpies and saw a dark pink looking permanent sharpie.
    06-03-09 04:20 PM
    Well what do you know just looked in my pack of Permanent Sharpies and saw a dark pink looking permanent sharpie.
    hahah i knoww sharpie has pink..ranging from pop pink to fushcia to a redish looking pink that isnt really pink but they call it pink i guess to make it feel or look better and how do u have a pack of sharpies and never saw the best color in them?

i just wanted to know if red would have the same effect or make it look pinker..i know i know "more pink" since this is now a grammatically correct thread
    06-03-09 04:47 PM
    Well, my friends curve was a miserable failure and she's going to hurt me.

My black trackball is already worn off and its glowing purple now, haha.
    06-03-09 04:55 PM
    Yes because there's no such thing as "black" ink. It's derived from blues/purples. Hence this is why this is a dumb mod and this thread should be removed before future disasters occur.
    06-03-09 05:05 PM
    Yeah I'll take a "grammer" lesson from you alright. Having kids doesn't make you smart as evidenced in the creation of this thread.

yeah. you're right. 16 and married with kids... maybe where you originally come from hillbilly. oh and by the it's "the most stupid" and not "stupidest" so take a grammer lesson from a 16 year old. C0CK.
    06-03-09 05:07 PM
    It's common logic that a permanent marker isn't really "permanent." All you're going to do is stain your trackball. It's a stupid, cheap "fix" and a waste of time. When that ink falls off, where do you think it's going to go? Stop being cheap and by a real, dyed trackball. Does it really take an explanation for you people to understand this? I've literally owned more Blackberrys than everybody in this thread combined. Trust me on that one.
    06-03-09 05:10 PM
    I guess that's why the above poster's trackball faded in a matter of days, isn't it? Of course it'll look the same right when you "sharpie" it. The point is you are ruining your phone for no reason as this "mod" will not last.

Don't knock it till you try it. Look at my pics as proof and tell me you could honestly tell the difference between mine and the ones you pay money for online. Also that was a bad analogy. Colored trackballs don't use special plastic on them to give them a different color they are simply dyed a certain color. Same results as using a Sharpie marker and vinegar.

Bezel your'e on your own lol. All i intended on accomplishing when i first thought of this was the trackball and now am glad to see others are getting great results also. I love the chrome bezel, personally think the black bezel takes away from the beauty of the Bold. But to each their own. I don't think the Permanent Sharpie would work on it as the Bezel's surface is too glossy and the marker needs a coarser texture to stay on to. Maybe a 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper first then.... you know what let me stop lol.
    06-03-09 05:13 PM
    i'm assuming you're referring to the "BMW" part in my name. yeah, sure buddy that's an extension of my *****.

taking offense from a guy that's user name is the extension of his ***** wasn't controlled on my behalf and i apologise. now back to the results of an awesome thread.
    06-03-09 05:17 PM

Better fix that bad boy.

Well, my friends curve was a miserable failure and she's going to hurt me.

My black trackball is already worn off and its glowing purple now, haha.
    06-03-09 05:18 PM
    I guess that's why the above poster's trackball faded in a matter of days, isn't it? Of course it'll look the same right when you "sharpie" it. The point is you are ruining your phone for no reason as this "mod" will not last.
    How does not ending up with a perfectly black trackball "ruin" the phone? It's a trackball. I am assuming all of the blackberry features are still fully operational.
    06-03-09 05:19 PM
    No I am not suggesting that the phone will be inoperable post-sharpie, I'm just stating this is a worthless "mod" and will undo itself after a matter of days (or even hours) due to the Sharpie coming off. If you want a black trackball, buy one. It's not much more than a Sharpie. Imagine the next goon who tries this mod and ends up marking his screen with the "black" end of a Sharpie

How does not ending up with a perfectly black trackball "ruin" the phone? It's a trackball. I am assuming all of the blackberry features are still fully operational.
    06-03-09 05:23 PM
    It's common logic that a permanent marker isn't really "permanent." All you're going to do is stain your trackball. It's a stupid, cheap "fix" and a waste of time. When that ink falls off, where do you think it's going to go? Stop being cheap and by a real, dyed trackball. Does it really take an explanation for you people to understand this? I've literally owned more Blackberrys than everybody in this thread combined. Trust me on that one.
    Although the mod is silly, I wouldnt make that assumption you "you've owned more BB's than everyone in this thread"
    06-03-09 05:49 PM
    I admire the modder inside you g000se. Heck I got bored the other day and took apart my Bold and spray painted my bezel matt black, but that's another story

My only concern with this mod is that there must be some contacts inside the trackball unit (I'm thinking something similar to the rollers on the old school PC ball mouse) which are getting painted in the process.
    Last edited by Boldest Berry; 06-03-09 at 06:37 PM.
    06-03-09 06:30 PM
    No I am not suggesting that the phone will be inoperable post-sharpie, I'm just stating this is a worthless "mod" and will undo itself after a matter of days (or even hours) due to the Sharpie coming off. If you want a black trackball, buy one. It's not much more than a Sharpie. Imagine the next goon who tries this mod and ends up marking his screen with the "black" end of a Sharpie
    How does it fall off after a couple of days are you nuts? Its called a permanent marker and i have been using mine for a week now with no problems or any fading, i also did this to a curve a month ago and its still perfect. You sure talk a lot about what you don't know. Look at my pics in my sig as evidence and stop spreading nonsense in the thread you know nothing about.
    06-03-09 08:06 PM
    hahah i knoww sharpie has pink..ranging from pop pink to fushcia to a redish looking pink that isnt really pink but they call it pink i guess to make it feel or look better and how do u have a pack of sharpies and never saw the best color in them?

i just wanted to know if red would have the same effect or make it look pinker..i know i know "more pink" since this is now a grammatically correct thread
    Lol don't worry about grammar or er no one here is perfect. I would hate to give you ideas about something i know nothing about but i can tell you that the black permanent works.
    06-03-09 08:09 PM
    How does it fall off after a couple of days are you nuts? Its called a permanent marker and i have been using mine for a week now with no problems or any fading, i also did this to a curve a month ago and its still perfect. You sure talk a lot about what you don't know. Look at my pics in my sig as evidence and stop spreading nonsense in the thread you know nothing about.
    Seriously, you are just feeding the troll. It was a nice, simple mod, ignore those that cannot appreciate it.
    06-03-09 08:10 PM
    I admire the modder inside you g000se. Heck I got bored the other day and took apart my Bold and spray painted my bezel matt black, but that's another story

My only concern with this mod is that there must be some contacts inside the trackball unit (I'm thinking something similar to the rollers on the old school PC ball mouse) which are getting painted in the process.
    It really doesn't if done the way i initially explained doing it. Also the permanent marker dries really fast so by you coloring one side letting it air dry and then rolling to another side nothing gets messed up. I did this to my phone a little a week ago and have no problems at all and to a curve a month ago also no problems. Its funny that people classify modding your phone in a way that doesn't void your warranty as being silly but praising opening up your phone and voiding your warranty lol
    06-03-09 08:13 PM
    Seriously, you are just feeding the troll. It was a nice, simple mod, ignore those that cannot appreciate it.
    You are 100% correct on that bt224. I hate when people try ruin helping others.
    06-03-09 08:16 PM
    This thread was great until someone just crapped on it. I've always enjoyed modding things that I own. It's a shame that some people are just full of themselves...
    06-03-09 09:30 PM
204 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD