Its really not that hard to take your Bold apart and install the correct pieces you want. Everything you need is on CNN.CN

9000 - LG, Mobiado, Motorola, SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, 3G, Samsung, Nokia, Accessori

It took me 45 min to Black out my bold and I got everything I needed to do it from CNN There are videos on YouTube on how to disassemble and reassemble your Bold.
    yeah that's the best way, but like the people that have done it have stated... sometimes paying ridiculous shipping fees and not wanting to void warranty, which i cleared up with my carrier and they say is fine that i do so, by opening the phone.
    06-03-09 01:04 PM
    What i did was use vinegar on a q tip to get off the excess ink. The trackball still lights up. Here are my pics
    off the trackball? interesting.. ill go look if i have any lol
    06-03-09 01:05 PM
    this is BB bush mechanics 101. i love it!
    06-03-09 01:06 PM
    off the trackball? interesting.. ill go look if i have any lol
    Yeah if you guys want to i can post a how to guide on exactly how i did it. BTW this is the thread that i did it in that the OP was talking about he saw it in. Disclaimer i will take no responsibilities for any damaged or broken BB's in the process . Do at your own risk. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/

this is BB bush mechanics 101. i love it!
    Yep but it works and perfectly, cost effective and looks damn good
    06-03-09 01:11 PM
    so, i didn't have any vinegar but had some non acetone nail polish remover. its nice and black with the light off and when its on its like a transparent blue type deal..

looks alright but i should have stayed with the all black lol
    06-03-09 01:13 PM
    so, i didn't have any vinegar but had some non acetone nail polish remover. its nice and black with the light off and when its on its like a transparent blue type deal..

looks alright but i should have stayed with the all black lol
    You can always add extra coats when its fully dried but mine is perfect as is.
    06-03-09 01:16 PM
    yeah i already went over it again.. my friend left her curve here so i'm gonna try red on that lol.
    06-03-09 01:33 PM
    yeah i already went over it again.. my friend left her curve here so i'm gonna try red on that lol.
    someone dial 911 in 54321.... you are gonna get it when she finds out.
    06-03-09 01:52 PM
    hahahaha... do it!!! if the vinegar evens the shading then red would be really sick. maybe thin layer of black like championart and then red over it to give a red glow! will be sweet.
    -it'll probably come out with a brown glow:S LOL
    06-03-09 01:52 PM
    someone dial 911 in 54321.... you are gonna get it when she finds out.
    well on the bright side, she won't find out for 7 more hours, and i'll be long gone. haha.

it didn't come out very good, was very uneven and looked more pink with the trackball light on.

gonna go over it a few more times in a little while and ill post my results.
    06-03-09 02:01 PM
    I might have to try this... I just got my Bold yesterday and LOVE it. had the 8310 before.
    06-03-09 02:02 PM
    hahahaha... do it!!! if the vinegar evens the shading then red would be really sick. maybe thin layer of black like championart and then red over it to give a red glow! will be sweet.
    -it'll probably come out with a brown glow:S LOL
    Yeah last time i was in kindergarten i kinda remembered the teacher saying mixing black with red gives you brown lol. But damn her friend is gonna kill her lol. Vinegar smoothes out the ink while staining it evenly. make sure to use a q tip with the vinegar.
    06-03-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah last time i was in kindergarten i kinda remembered the teacher saying mixing black with red gives you brown lol. But damn her friend is gonna kill her lol. Vinegar smoothes out the ink while staining it evenly. make sure to use a q tip with the vinegar.
    HIS friend is gonna kill HIM

lol.
    06-03-09 02:08 PM
    HIS friend is gonna kill HIM

lol.
    Sorry about that sedative, let me kindly exit stage right ----> before i get killed lol.
    06-03-09 02:13 PM
    Sorry about that sedative, let me kindly exit stage right ----> before i get killed lol.
    this thread is awesome!
    06-03-09 02:32 PM
    Success Lol.
    06-03-09 03:16 PM
    this thread is awesome!

Success Lol.
    Yeah it is, looks like i created monsters with the Sharpie lol, glad everyone is liking their work and wont have to void there warranties by opening their Bolds.
    06-03-09 03:22 PM
    Yes I Used The Sharpie. And Let it Dry Than Used Acetone To Get The Extra Ink Off. and It Glows Green And Blue
    06-03-09 03:33 PM
    Stupidest thing I ever heard of. Yeah to tint the windows on my car, I just took a sharpie to them. Sorry, FAIL.

I think people who do these types of things are about 16 years old or younger. So I'll let it slide. haha
    06-03-09 03:39 PM
    Loads of hours later and my trackball is still black, no fade, looks tight.
    I'm am expat in India, chances of a track ball getting to me are slim let alone the cost of shipping!

Permanent marker all the way for me. If it fades, just whack some more on!! Ftw!!

Trying to figure out how to remove the silver from the bezel next - any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 03:50 PM
    Attachment 26559 My bold with black track ball
    What case is that?
    06-03-09 03:53 PM
    Stupidest thing I ever heard of. Yeah to tint the windows on my car, I just took a sharpie to them. Sorry, FAIL.

I think people who do these types of things are about 16 years old or younger. So I'll let it slide. haha
    Don't knock it till you try it. Look at my pics as proof and tell me you could honestly tell the difference between mine and the ones you pay money for online. Also that was a bad analogy. Colored trackballs don't use special plastic on them to give them a different color they are simply dyed a certain color. Same results as using a Sharpie marker and vinegar.

Loads of hours later and my trackball is still black, no fade, looks tight.
    I'm am expat in India, chances of a track ball getting to me are slim let alone the cost of shipping!

Permanent marker all the way for me. If it fades, just whack some more on!! Ftw!!

Trying to figure out how to remove the silver from the bezel next - any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bezel your'e on your own lol. All i intended on accomplishing when i first thought of this was the trackball and now am glad to see others are getting great results also. I love the chrome bezel, personally think the black bezel takes away from the beauty of the Bold. But to each their own. I don't think the Permanent Sharpie would work on it as the Bezel's surface is too glossy and the marker needs a coarser texture to stay on to. Maybe a 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper first then.... you know what let me stop lol.
    06-03-09 04:01 PM

yeah. you're right. 16 and married with kids... maybe where you originally come from hillbilly. oh and by the it's "the most stupid" and not "stupidest" so take a grammer lesson from a 16 year old. C0CK.
    06-03-09 04:04 PM
    wow if your taking advice from a forum your 16 or younger. good judgement ****.
    06-03-09 04:06 PM
    This got ugly quick. All over a Sharpie.
    06-03-09 04:08 PM
204 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD