Excellent!

I saw on Championart's thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/) that if you colour your trackball with black permanent marker you get an instant black trackball.

I was worried about putting ink to my trackball but hated the rotten hillbilly tooth colour it had become.

BLAM! Less than a minute later I have a sexy black trackball!

I used a cotton bud to remove excess ink from the trackball casing.

Very happy indeed!

low light - at the bar?

day light - BBQ? sizzle..

Lights out - ooo errr squidge

too close for comfort

BOOM!!! what's stopping you?

Do it now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by g000se; 06-04-09 at 08:17 AM.
    06-03-09 05:43 AM
    Hmm... No?

06-03-09 06:51 AM
    No... You can get a black trackball from cnn.nn and the excess inl may cause problems..

06-03-09 07:03 AM
    No... You can get a black trackball from cnn.nn and the excess inl may cause problems..

Yea but then you have to dismantle your bold,
    Dismantle vs. Instant black trackball.
    I have also done it with a wicked marker,
    Been 2 weeks or so and no colour transfer onto my hands or clothes, hasent faded from usage.
    Worked superb

06-03-09 07:42 AM
    Excellent!

I saw on another thread how if you colour your trackball with black permanent marker you get an instant black trackball.

I was worried about putting ink to my trackball but hated the rotten hillbilly tooth colour it had become.

BLAM! Less than a minute later I have a sexy black trackball!

I used a cotton bud to remove excess ink from the trackball casing.

Very happy indeed!

Do it now!

Yea but then you have to dismantle your bold,
    Dismantle vs. Instant black trackball.
    I have also done it with a wicked marker,
    Been 2 weeks or so and no colour transfer onto my hands or clothes, hasent faded from usage.
    Worked superb

Can you post pictures ? Paid alot for my bold and only 2 week old. Dont want it looking cheap.

No offence intended.
    06-03-09 07:44 AM
    Can you post pictures ? Paid alot for my bold and only 2 week old. Dont want it looking cheap.

No offence intended.
    I don't think your going to offend someone that says " rotten hillbilly tooth colour" I have never seen that "colour", just play goose!!
    06-03-09 08:00 AM
    I don't think your going to offend someone that says " rotten hillbilly tooth colour" I have never seen that "colour", just play goose!!
    haha that was a good description phrase though.
    06-03-09 08:09 AM
    Yes goose very very descriptive.
    06-03-09 08:13 AM
    Just finished it. Looks awesome. Thanx Goose

06-03-09 08:32 AM
    Pictures!!!

Please
    06-03-09 09:48 AM
    Well to save money you can also dye it black..easy with clothes dye..I did mines black and 4 months later still good.. Why pay for a trackball plus shipping ( that's a ripp )..cheaper way is once the oem white gets to dirty dye it...gotta find ways to save mula ...

06-03-09 10:36 AM
    I live in RSA. Shipping would be 3X more expensive than the trackball itself, so this method is perfect.

06-03-09 10:37 AM
    Attachment 26559 My bold with black track ball
    06-03-09 11:01 AM
    I hate the white (after wear) ball but this doesn't sound like an alternative for me.
    06-03-09 11:10 AM
    Attachment 26562 One more pic. I did i to my bold and it came out real good
    06-03-09 11:59 AM
    Attachment 26562 One more pic. I did i to my bold and it came out real good

geez u guys are makin me wanna do it too lol...

and just cuz im so nosey..what in the world is that on your screen in that pic??
    06-03-09 12:02 PM
    looks like a crack.

i might try it with red, dunno about black..

red should give the same results i'd think.
    06-03-09 12:17 PM
    Hi guys i was the one who initially made the thread about coloring your trackball with a sharpie to black it out. And yes it does work without any ill effects here is thread along with pics http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/
    06-03-09 12:22 PM
    looks like a crack.

i might try it with red, dunno about black..

red should give the same results i'd think.
    did that to my old 8110. looks real patchy. like dark patches. black masks the slightest imperfections. the light shows them up with the red, but if you can put it off... teach me.
    06-03-09 12:22 PM
    did that to my old 8110. looks real patchy. like dark patches. black masks the slightest imperfections. the light shows them up with the red, but if you can put it off... teach me.
    i was just thinking about that myself and thats why i grabbed the black sharpie. lol

i just don't want to color the ring around the trackball :/
    06-03-09 12:27 PM
    i was just thinking about that myself and thats why i grabbed the black sharpie. lol

i just don't want to color the ring around the trackball :/
    take a toothpick, tissue and some deodorant. lightly spray the edge of the tissue... very lightly, and put the edge carefully onto the tb ring. take the toothpick and use it to rub the tissue on th tb ring. worked really well for me
    06-03-09 12:32 PM
    Its really not that hard to take your Bold apart and install the correct pieces you want. Everything you need is on CNN.CN

9000 - LG, Mobiado, Motorola, SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, 3G, Samsung, Nokia, Accessori

It took me 45 min to Black out my bold and I got everything I needed to do it from CNN There are videos on YouTube on how to disassemble and reassemble your Bold.

06-03-09 12:40 PM
    so, i just went and did the same.. black sharpie on the trackball, it looks alright but it feels more gritty now and some of the black is rubbing off my fingers so I'm gonna leave it to dry for a few more mins..

too bad the light doesn't bleed through like the other guy said, but still easy none the less.
    06-03-09 12:55 PM
    so, i just went and did the same.. black sharpie on the trackball, it looks alright but it feels more gritty now and some of the black is rubbing off my fingers so I'm gonna leave it to dry for a few more mins..

too bad the light doesn't bleed through like the other guy said, but still easy none the less.
    i finished mine about 5hours ago. was almost sticky for a while, but it feels real good now. my light doesn't shine through either.
    06-03-09 01:00 PM

What i did was use vinegar on a q tip to get off the excess ink. The trackball still lights up. Here are my pics
    Last edited by championart; 06-03-09 at 01:06 PM.
    06-03-09 01:01 PM
204 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD