Okay. I have read many forums and many differing opinions about OS 6. When I had OS 6 my BB would reboot at random. Age old issue, I know. So, after reading so many posts, I downgraded to OS 5.0.0.1030 Platform 4.2.0.451. Reboot issue resolved, even when I load my apps back on for that OS system.

So, here is my issue. My DM will will not recognize any internal (not SD card!) memory remaining. All posts that I have read refer to cleaning, deleting, compressing etc. However, my BB states that there is plenty of internal memory. DM states zero.

Again, after reading many posts, people have recommended load everything OTA. That would be nice, but one issue is that I had run the app "Role Tasks." A good app for keeping tasks straight for me. However, it appears to rely on the internal BB task manager which will not load OTA but only through the Desktop manager.

If anybody can assist with this, it would REALLY be appreciated, as a task list is very critical to my environment. OR, if you know of an app that does not rely on the BB internal task manager.....

Also, I have read many varying opinions on the reboot. Many say that it is an issue that does not track to the OS. But with what I have read elsewhere and performed on my own machine, it does appear to be connected with the OS in this case. So, any word of maybe a version 7 (sprint in my case) that addresses reboot??

Thanks again. I have been searching for months over this issue and really miss my old app!
    08-24-11 07:58 AM
    Far as the reboot issue, I have my own theories on it. Seems mostly a matter of the RAM being overloaded, then calling on something that uses a lot, like the camera, but I have had it also simply spontaneously reboot without explanation a time or two.

Your DM issue I could swear I've heard of before, but for the life of me can't find anything on it. What version are you using? Maybe a change or simple uninstall/reinstall would solve it.

Never heard of your app, but I'll look it up, and see what I can find.

You'll never see OS7 on a 9650, it's far too much OS for it, especially the processor.
    08-24-11 12:00 PM
    I would try reloading your OS6 from a different PC. Sometimes PC's have flakey sticks of ram, which can cause some slight corruption in the OS install, which could cause a reboot like you described. My PC for a while had a bad stick in it that I was just too lazy to replace, and it would cause OS issues on my blackberries at times. Yet when I'd load the same OS to my blackberry from my laptop, it worked like a champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 12:41 PM
    I can't solve your issue entirely, BUT if the only problem is that you need to install the tasks app, we can certainly do a little bandaid fix with BBSAK.
    If you're not familiar with BBSAK, you can pm me your pin and I'll walk you through how to do it via bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 01:37 PM
    I'd second the use-another-PC idea.
    There are also a (very) small number of people that experience corruption when downloading anything directly from RIM (i.e. Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com) using Firefox or Chrome. I have this with my laptop personally and must use Internet Explorer to download official OS releases or DM updates.

What version of DM do you have?

For trying again with your own PC, I'd suggest uninstalling DM and the applicable OS, then re-downloading using IE.
    Make sure you properly uninstall them by opening your PC's Control Panel and opening Programs & Features. Highlight the appropriate items and click uninstall at the top. Then find the original .exe file you downloaded for the OS. Hihglight it, hold down Shift, and click Delete to permanently delete it too.
    08-24-11 01:46 PM
    Sorry I was re-reading the original post and had questions.
    So, here is my issue. My DM will will not recognize any internal (not SD card!) memory remaining. All posts that I have read refer to cleaning, deleting, compressing etc. However, my BB states that there is plenty of internal memory. DM states zero.
    The 9650 has no built-in media storage, so I assume you mean the device's 512MB of application storage.
    Is the relevance because you're using DM to try loading the app and DM won't do it, stating insufficient memory for adding the app?

How much memory do you actually have available? (Do you know where to find this in Options?)

Again, after reading many posts, people have recommended load everything OTA. That would be nice, but one issue is that I had run the app "Role Tasks." A good app for keeping tasks straight for me. However, it appears to rely on the internal BB task manager which will not load OTA but only through the Desktop manager.
    How did you originally download the app ("Role Tasks")? Where is it from? Is it free or premium?

I don't understand the last sentence I quoted above about relying on "the internal BB task manager which will not load OTA but only through the Desktop manager."
    It's probably just a jargon issue, but what is the BB task manager? Are you referring to the native Tasks app? Why do you need to load it at all when it's included in the OS?
    08-24-11 03:00 PM
    First, thank you to all of you for the suggestions! Have been battling with this for months and have hit the brick wall on this.

I am running version 5 on the DM. When I downgraded to OS 5 on the handheld, I also went back to my original CD that was shipped with my BB (Version 5).

Great ideas. I will try to load on my laptop and give that a try.

Thanks!!
    08-24-11 03:05 PM
    And, Sorry i missed responding to elite1's questions.

1. Memory Available: Handheld Shows "Application Memory Free Space: 320.2 MB
    and Media Card "Total Space:1.8 GB" and "Free Space: 1.7 GB"

2. Here is the link for the software I purchased on Crackberry.

Role Call® Tasks on CrackBerry App Superstore

3. Task Manager. Yes, pardon my ignorance. As understand Roll Call, it does use or depend on some portion of the "native OS." I am not sure how or why. And, just as you suggest, I woud have expected the native task manager to load without a hitch from the CD with the DM. However, on my cd it did not load automatically, but showed as a check box app I could install under the app loader. I have read several other posts in my research for Bolds stating that they too were missing the native task manager.

When I try to run the app, it states that I need the native BB task manager.

4. Regarding the memory; yes, I am referring to the application memory. The DM shows "0" for available and the Handheld shows 320.2 MB.
    08-24-11 03:20 PM
    Which OS5 application number are you running on the phone? We can make an OTA for Task Manager.
    08-24-11 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD