not sure whats going on but randomly one day it started to happen but i cannot backup my device.

everytime i try to backup my device about 1/3 way or sometimes 1/2 way it would say "unknown error" and stop backing up. i uninstalled and reinstalled DM and still no work. anybody know whats wrong/

also wanted to say i was able to backup other phones like the pearl and curve but not mine

i notice it keeps erroring out at mms
    Last edited by chinh8310; 06-09-09 at 04:44 PM.
    06-09-09 04:20 PM
    I am unable to backup also butr many people have been able to backup after clearing cache and cookies while others have you cler out the log by typing lglg and then go to the menu and clear log. Nothing has helped me. i think i need a factory restore and then try again. arghhh
    06-09-09 04:43 PM
    does anybody have bbfilescout installed on their bold that can send me a few files?

i think something is missing in my MMS folder. if soembody has bbfilescout can you grab all the fiels in MMS and also the hidden file and send it my way. ima reload it on and see if it works

thanks
    06-09-09 04:49 PM
    Simple process: Open Desktop Manager, in the Main Menu go to Backup and Restore then open Advanced and in the Device databases scroll down to Browser Data Cache, select it and hit Clear.....that should do it, try your backup now....
    06-09-09 04:52 PM
    Simple process: Open Desktop Manager, in the Main Menu go to Backup and Restore then open Advanced and in the Device databases scroll down to Browser Data Cache, select it and hit Clear.....that should do it, try your backup now....
    Never works for me
    06-09-09 05:26 PM
    clearing the browser cache worked for me last week.
    06-09-09 06:18 PM
    I have DM 4.6, and I have the same problem. I cannot backup my berry, even after I clear my cashe.

It sucks losing everything when I upgrade my OS. I've had this problem the last two times I upgraded.

I hope someone can figure this out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD