Hi,

I recently upgraded my bold to OS 4.6.0.266 (4.0.0.223).. but now every time I connect it to my PC using Destktop Manager, it tells me there is a newer version available, and offers to 'upgrade' the OS. What I'm afraid of is that if I say yes, it might try to downgrade my OS or completely mess it up. Any suggestions?

Also there's a thread on the board.. Official 282 OS out.. is that what DM is talking about? Should I go ahead and let it update my OS.. in which case it would be from 266 to 282?

Thanks..
    06-23-09 02:34 AM
    No. DM will only upgrade to the OS that you have installed on your computer. Do you have multiple OSes installed on your computer? You should always remove any OSes from your computer before installing another one to upgrade your device.

Chris
    06-23-09 02:56 AM
    Hi Tronyx.. but that's the thing. There's NO OS installed on my system. I installed 266 only for upgradation, but uninstalled it when I was done. There's no OS now.
    06-23-09 03:34 AM
    As chris said, remove the installed OS's from the PC. Control Panel - add / remove programs...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:37 AM
    Hi Tronyx.. but that's the thing. There's NO OS installed on my system. I installed 266 only for upgradation, but uninstalled it when I was done. There's no OS now.
    I had been having that problem with an older OS and it has since disappeared. You may want to try removing and reinstalling DM if it's that big of an issue.

Chris
    06-23-09 04:00 AM
    Tronyx.. its not an issue with me at all. The only thing is, when I try to install any application, the Core Applications and OS files are all set to upgrade and are greyed out.. meaning I can't de-select them. That's the only problem. I have no clue what it will do to my BB should I opt to proceed with the operation. I always cancel my application install at that point.

ST79: I notice you are using 282. Is it significantly better than 266? Worth upgrading?
    06-23-09 05:11 AM
    Tronyx.. its not an issue with me at all. The only thing is, when I try to install any application, the Core Applications and OS files are all set to upgrade and are greyed out.. meaning I can't de-select them. That's the only problem. I have no clue what it will do to my BB should I opt to proceed with the operation. I always cancel my application install at that point.

ST79: I notice you are using 282. Is it significantly better than 266? Worth upgrading?
    It's fine to "upgrade" the core applications. to be honest I am using 282 and i have no noticeable difference appare from increased app memory. some people report less lag but i didn't have lag on 266 to begin with. I just upgraded because I like new things :-P
    06-23-09 05:55 AM
    I haven't noticed any significant differences. I have gained about 7MB of application memory after loading .282 and on a negative side, the thumbnails (pictures) load bit slow when compared to .266.
    06-23-09 05:59 AM
    I have also have had this happen to me. First it upgraded to .247 and more recently to .266 but there have been no problems that I have noticed in relation to performance on my Bold. When I first got my Bold I thought that if I wanted to upgrade to a newer OS that I would have to go through my carriers website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD