So, I read a few posts here from Sal and others that the T-Mobile version of the Onyx (Driftwood) would be basically the Onyx with UMA minus 3G, EDGE Only...

Is this true? Post any facts/pictures/info/rumors about T-Mobile and its potential first 3G blackberry here..... I thought we were already pretty much confirmed that it was going to be T-Mo's first 3G Blackberry, but I guess maybe not?
    09-30-09 08:58 AM
    The Driftwood will have wi-fi
    09-30-09 09:44 AM
    The Driftwood will have wi-fi
    That we already are understanding, since it will have UMA, it can't function without WiFi, the question is, what about 3G?
    09-30-09 09:48 AM
    That would be, IMO, EXTREMELY damaging for T-Mobile to blow this release by offering it without 3G support.
    09-30-09 10:14 AM
    If this is true I going to buy a Nokia N900. I hope this is not the case.
    09-30-09 10:21 AM
    You people are ********, Sal never said any of that

Driftwood != Onyx. T-mobile is getting the Onyx too, it has 3g and wifi and UMA.

Driftwood's a totally different phone.
    09-30-09 11:04 AM
    Yes T-Mobiles version of the 9700 will have UMTS.
    09-30-09 11:08 AM
    You people are ********, Sal never said any of that

Driftwood != Onyx. T-mobile is getting the Onyx too, it has 3g and wifi and UMA.

Driftwood's a totally different phone.
    Its true! I never said any of that Thanks for paying attention That's how rumors get started...

This whole confusion started because I got an Atlas without knowing what it was.

Then I did some research and found a post by BGR saying that it was a CDMA phone, so before I saw the phone I assumed that he was right and I made the mistake of saying it was a CDMA phone before getting my facts straight.

Then we got the actual phone and it turned out to be EDGE and said BOLD on the back. At that point I had no clue of what the he77 was going on.

This morning CX has been really helpful here on the forums and has told us that this phone is what used to be the Driftwood (although I'm not sure if it might come out as Driftwood or not yet).

Driftwood/Atlas is a Bold for the China and East Asia Market.

So RIM didn't make another phone people don't need, RIM made another BOLD for those guys over at those places that don't get 3G.

BAM Mystery solved.
    09-30-09 11:17 AM
    This is so confusing that all these different models of the BBs are rumored to come out at the same time.
    09-30-09 11:23 AM
    Its true! I never said any of that Thanks for paying attention That's how rumors get started...

This whole confusion started because I got an Atlas without knowing what it was.

Then I did some research and found a post by BGR saying that it was a CDMA phone, so before I saw the phone I assumed that he was right and I made the mistake of saying it was a CDMA phone before getting my facts straight.

Then we got the actual phone and it turned out to be EDGE and said BOLD on the back. At that point I had no clue of what the he77 was going on.

This morning CX has been really helpful here on the forums and has told us that this phone is what used to be the Driftwood (although I'm not sure if it might come out as Driftwood or not yet).

Driftwood/Atlas is a Bold for the China and East Asia Market.

So RIM didn't make another phone people don't need, RIM made another BOLD for those guys over at those places that don't get 3G.

BAM Mystery solved.
    Ahh Cool thanks for the clear up and full story Sal and Crucial, and others..

I guess the confusion came from originally people using the name "Driftwood" for the T-Mobile version of the Onyx, so its a different phone, and T-Mobile is infact getting its first 3G blackberry... Wewt, mystery solved.. Thanks Sal, you the man...
    09-30-09 11:40 AM
    Thanks Sal. Now it all makes sense.
    09-30-09 12:14 PM
    good...cause if Onyx didnt come out wit 3G for tmobile there would be no need to shelf my 8900
    09-30-09 06:43 PM
    Thanks for the clarity Sal and CX
    09-30-09 07:32 PM
    Its crazy how people would believe tmobile's 9700 would be an edge device. Tmobile didn't roll out there 3g network to release RIM's flagship device on edge.
    09-30-09 09:37 PM
    Its crazy how people would believe tmobile's 9700 would be an edge device. Tmobile didn't roll out there 3g network to release RIM's flagship device on edge.

Hey man its not that far fetched, i mean this is the first 3g blackberry now....
    09-30-09 09:39 PM

Posted here on CB by bberryforlife
    Last edited by Touchpro247; 10-01-09 at 06:57 AM.
    09-30-09 09:48 PM

Posted here on CB
    totally photoshopped
    09-30-09 09:53 PM
    I just talked to my T-mobile rep today, (I work for best buy), and was told that the "bold 2" will have 3G and is slated for a late November launch. It will also support voice over wifi for sure. I was also told that the reps will get a chance to play with it in a week or 2, so i'll let everyone know as soon as i find out anything concrete!
    09-30-09 10:24 PM
    What about AT&T's release?

I just talked to my T-mobile rep today, (I work for best buy), and was told that the "bold 2" will have 3G and is slated for a late November launch. It will also support voice over wifi for sure. I was also told that the reps will get a chance to play with it in a week or 2, so i'll let everyone know as soon as i find out anything concrete!
    09-30-09 11:26 PM
    This seems to be what impression the guy I talked to today is under as well. He is a t-mobile manager at a corporate store and comes into my store sometimes. He said they aren't sure but expecting November sometime.
    09-30-09 11:38 PM
    Please refer to my thread " who owns a 9700 right now" and you will see picture proof of working 3G on both trackpad and trackball versions of T-mobile 9020 and 9700.
    10-01-09 06:04 AM
    totally photoshopped
    hahahahaha . you people take my pictures and refer and comment on them, very flattering. next time I wont be stupid enough to not put my name next to them.

Photoshop????????, too bad u are not in New York, I would love to have put money on this one.
    10-01-09 06:06 AM
    For all the T-Mobile skeptics here is something to marinate on, the 3G on T-Mobile blows ATT outa the water hands down as I use both ATT and T-Mobile on an Onyx.

I hope this should close this thread out cause there is no more room for any discussion as I have proved that T-Mobile will have 3G

And the Photoshop allegations are again, very flattering.
    10-01-09 06:23 AM
    Does not look photoshopped to me!
    10-01-09 06:32 AM
    For all the T-Mobile skeptics here is something to marinate on, the 3G on T-Mobile blows ATT outa the water hands down as I use both ATT and T-Mobile on an Onyx.

I hope this should close this thread out cause there is no more room for any discussion as I have proved that T-Mobile will have 3G

And the Photoshop allegations are again, very flattering.
    I need a closer look I'll pm you my address...
    10-01-09 06:56 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD