I am loving my 9930. The only major glitch I seem to be having is emails deleting on their own. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sometimes I will still have a reply I sent to an email still in my messages folder but the original email I received will be gone. I am not positive but I think it is only happening to received emails. They delete whether I have replied to them or not. At first I thought it was only happening to those that I had replied to already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-16-11 02:46 PM
    What is the duration setting of how long you are keeping emails?
    09-16-11 03:10 PM
    What is the duration setting of how long you are keeping emails?
    30 Days. I am losing emails the same day I receive them.
    09-16-11 03:20 PM
    Did you do a device restore or device switch from an older device?
    09-16-11 03:25 PM
    I am loving my 9930. The only major glitch I seem to be having is emails deleting on their own. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sometimes I will still have a reply I sent to an email still in my messages folder but the original email I received will be gone. I am not positive but I think it is only happening to received emails. They delete whether I have replied to them or not. At first I thought it was only happening to those that I had replied to already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Let me if I may please clarify something you said... If you sent me a new Compose email no matter if I replied to it or not, Are you saying that in this example I did replay to it, Did the original email that you sent me go away immediatly from your inbox?

If it did on each and every one of them it is because of the gmail enhanced plugin which started to happen actually way back when this was pushed to devices back with OS 5. That is when I noticed it start to happen. If this is the case you can delete the gmial enhanced plugin which is the firstthing i did with my 9930.

You have you use an app like BBSAK to pull up the .cod files on your device which consists of 3 for the plugin, the first and largest one you delete will auto reboot your device and after that you can go in a delete the other 2 and from there your original email that you sent will remail in your inbox.

If this is what is going on that is your cure so let me know if I am right or wrong in my assumption.
    09-16-11 03:51 PM
    30 Days. I am losing emails the same day I receive them.
    This is why I asked the forst question because it seems that you are saying 2 different things and why I wanted it clarrified.
    09-16-11 03:53 PM
    Did you do a device restore or device switch from an older device?
    Yes I did. Upgraded from a Storm2 9550 about 4-5 weeks ago.
    09-17-11 09:14 AM
    Let me if I may please clarify something you said... If you sent me a new Compose email no matter if I replied to it or not, Are you saying that in this example I did replay to it, Did the original email that you sent me go away immediatly from your inbox?

If it did on each and every one of them it is because of the gmail enhanced plugin which started to happen actually way back when this was pushed to devices back with OS 5. That is when I noticed it start to happen. If this is the case you can delete the gmial enhanced plugin which is the firstthing i did with my 9930.

You have you use an app like BBSAK to pull up the .cod files on your device which consists of 3 for the plugin, the first and largest one you delete will auto reboot your device and after that you can go in a delete the other 2 and from there your original email that you sent will remail in your inbox.

If this is what is going on that is your cure so let me know if I am right or wrong in my assumption.
    The received emails don't go away immediately. I will open and read and/or reply to them. Then later I will notice there are fewer emails in my messages folder.

This doesn't seem to happen to emails to my gmail account but rather my work email address.
    09-17-11 09:16 AM
    I have had this issue as well. I guess it is when you download your E Mail from your server on your PC after a day or so it disappears from the Blackberry. Although I realize this does help save lot of space on the phone but apparently am not able to figure out why this happens. Maybe its a Pop3 or IMAP server issue or the reconcilation option setting on the bold!
    09-18-11 04:18 AM
    I had the same issue with my Tour, now with my 9930. My gmail emails do not disappear, my outlook emails do. The ones I reply to don't, but those that I read on my phone without replying too vanish. Very frustrating, especially when I need to refer to a past emails.
    09-18-11 06:03 PM
    Punjabi & ALG - It is frustrating and I have never had this issue with any other BB I have owned in the past. I am not sure what is going on with it. It doesn't seem to be happening all the time and it hasn't burned me yet. I have a feeling it will though sooner than later.

The ones I reply back to actually disappear as well but the reply I sent stays which does have a copy of the original email in it.
    Last edited by skynny70; 09-19-11 at 09:05 AM.
    09-19-11 08:57 AM
    If your reading and deleting the emails on your computer or even using imap moving them to another folder on the imap server and have the delete sync tick box checked on your BIS settings page it will delete on the phone everything that has been deleted or moved on the computer. Just uncheck the sync box and they should all stay on your phone until you delete them or its within xxx days as per the setting in the options menu.

If your not checking and deleting / moving them on another computer / phone then I'm not sure sorry.
    skynny70 likes this.
    09-19-11 10:53 AM
    I have a similar issue. I have the 9900 and with some emails as soon as they come through I can read them and they stay, with others I read them > go back to desktop > back into email and it's gone. I log into a PC to check deleted items... nothing, it's like they never existed.

Note: All emails are web based (gmail) an I'm on: 7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296, platform 5.0.0.496).

I upgraded my phone from the bold 9700 > 9900 a couple of weeks back. The email was set up from scratch. The only thing I restored from the old device was my contact list.

I have checked my device and I don't have the gmail enhanced plug-in installed. Are there any other apps or settings I need to check?

If you can offer any advice or a solution, that'd be great. If you need any further information... please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

An thanks to skynny70 for pointing me to this thread.
    09-22-11 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone.

I unchecked the "delete sync" box for my work email address only through my carrier BIS website and it resolved my issue. My work emails are no longer disappearing. I wasn't having the issue with my gmail address.
    09-28-11 10:08 AM
    I just got a replacement 9930 from verizon and emails some of them will Disappear as soon as i close after reading them not all of them just some of them. I didn't have this trouble with my old 9930. I have software 700.354 and i have unchecked the delete from each account setup syn. I am still having some emails disappear i will watch to see what account they disappear from. I do have the gmail plug in so i will see what is going on but i had the gmail plug in on my old 9930 and the emails did not disappear on it.
    Last edited by jerry12; 10-28-11 at 09:10 PM.
    10-28-11 07:33 PM
    I just got a replacement 9930 from verizon and emails some of them will Disappear as soon as i close after reading them not all of them just some of them. I didn't have this trouble with my old 9930. I have software 700.354 and i have unchecked the delete from each account setup syn. I am still having some emails disappear i will watch to see what account they disappear from. I do have the gmail plug in so i will see what is going on but i had the gmail plug in on my old 9930 and the emails did not disappear on it.
    The emails that are disappearing is my gmail account but not all of them just some of them and just has soon that i close them they are gone. I have deleted the Gmail plug in and checked the Gmail account and it is not checked to delete messages its self.The emails that are deleted from the phone are still on the my computer email. I don't have any idea what is going on and it will just deleted some of them and not all.
    10-29-11 11:10 AM
    The emails that are disappearing is my gmail account but not all of them just some of them and just has soon that i close them they are gone. I have deleted the Gmail plug in and checked the Gmail account and it is not checked to delete messages its self.The emails that are deleted from the phone are still on the my computer email. I don't have any idea what is going on and it will just deleted some of them and not all.
    I deleted the servicebooks and resent them but i still have the disappearing emails from Gmail.
    Last edited by jerry12; 10-30-11 at 05:12 PM.
    10-29-11 08:24 PM
    I think i have found out what was making my emails disappear. Open your message folder go to options message display and display style and set it on single messages. Mind was set on Group and when i read the message it put all the messages of the same type together in a group and that made me think that the message disappeared but it was still there all in a group instead of spreaded out like they come into the message folder. Since i changed that setting i have not had any emails disappear.
    10-30-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD