So Ive got a free upgrade with Orange, but can't decide what to get.
    Actually I dont see any phone that is ideal, but was torn between the HTC Diamond which looks just awful and very gimmicky and plastic, or the Samsung Omnia or the BOLD.

So its difficult to find too much criticism with the Bold, easy to find plenty with the Diamond.

Perhaps some BOLD users might be able to give me some of the drawback of owning BOLD.

many thanks
    09-01-08 01:31 PM
    the htc diamond is crap... i haven't used the omnia. htc touchscreen stuff is crappy. they don't even come close to the iphone.

i'd say its between the omnia(which i never used) and the bold.

the bold does some disadvantages right now, but they will be fixed with future software updates. hardware wise... the bold is solid. but if ure a huge camera phone user, the bold camera is only a 2mp.

heres some help
    Samsung i900 Omnia review: The whole nine yards - GSMArena.com

HTC Touch Diamond vs. Samsung i900 Omnia: Head-to-Head - GSMArena.com
    09-01-08 01:44 PM
    My 'friends' with iPhones don't think I'm cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 01:44 PM

Dont worry, we're your friends now.
    09-01-08 01:47 PM

That's because they're more interested in looking cool than actually doing something worthwhile................
    09-01-08 01:54 PM
    Friends don't let friends......buy iPhones?

Naw. iPhones are fine-I have an iTouch that is great. I only have a problem some of the rabid fanboys.
    09-01-08 02:04 PM
    Dont worry, we're your friends now.

Who needs 'em when you can get your CB fix here
    09-01-08 02:12 PM
    I have both an Omnia and a Curve. They are two very diffrent phones. For me the curve is by far better for texting and emailing and anything that requires typing. (the touch screen typing is hard for my larger fingers). I just got the omnia and am still learning windows mobile os. the omnia seems more for fun than for work though. The camera is really good. if you have any questions I would be glad to test it and answer them for you.
    09-01-08 02:18 PM
    I have both an Omnia and a Curve. They are two very diffrent phones. For me the curve is by far better for texting and emailing and anything that requires typing. (the touch screen typing is hard for my larger fingers). I just got the omnia and am still learning windows mobile os. the omnia seems more for fun than for work though. The camera is really good. if you have any questions I would be glad to test it and answer them for you.
    Never really liked Win mobile, I had to use several spb programs to get it anywhere user freindly.

Only real good things I can say about it is aftermarket program suport and ability to edit word, excel, access, etc....
    09-01-08 02:26 PM
    Only disadvantage I can see with the bold right now is the pirce
    However I got mine on a good price and you are getting it for free so I would go right ahead and do it

09-01-08 02:40 PM
    My experience of WM? No problems are anyone's fault.. MS blamed carrier, carrier blamed MS ad infinitum. It felt like I was spending my life tweaking, overclocking, removing carrier-related bloat, editing the registry, resetting and generally keeping them going.

The difference in the last few months as a Pearl and Bold user is immeasurable. Sure, I've upgraded the OS but it's a 15min job, and all tweaking etc has been done through the GUI.

09-01-08 02:49 PM

Who cares what a iDick thinks anyway !!!!!
    09-01-08 03:06 PM
    Well! It would not fair to compare 2 phones from different worlds in term of functions and look. Lets wait for HTC Dream with Android and I am sure this will better off others. At the same time Blackberry touch phone will also launched. That will be the best time for comparision
    09-01-08 03:32 PM
    Who cares what a iDick thinks anyway !!!!!
    Heh! Was joking lads... like I care what people with no idea and are suckers for a good advertising campaign and a billion billboards think. Same kind of people that buy Tags because of X celeb wearing them... you get me.

#1 reason why I never wanted an iPod or iPhone is because every bugger has one. Closely followed by me hating to be locked into DRM/unchangeable batteries/unsmartphones/lack of drag and drop etc etc.

Everyone goes one way, I go the other... and it's a massive bonus that (for what I want) the Bold is far superior.
    09-01-08 04:39 PM
    the iPhone will make you cream in your jeans. Get one. It's also a chick magnet. When I whip it out I instantly have the hottest women on the planet on my jock. G-d damn, thanks Steve Jobs!!

09-01-08 05:19 PM
    Only disadvantage I can see with the bold right now is the pirce
    However I got mine on a good price and you are getting it for free so I would go right ahead and do it

Id have to agree with this. The price is harsh, but a free upgrade, lucky *******!
    09-01-08 05:52 PM
    Compared to other devices, the only thing I am missing on the Bold is video calling, and live mobile TV.
    09-02-08 01:29 AM
    thanks for everyone's reply.
    So ive ordered a Bold - from Orange - free - �25p/m 700min Unlimited Text & Data,& �2.5 p/m BBservice sub.
    I'll have 7 days to decide if I like it.
    Can I use MSN Live Messenger?
    Im worried that certain webpages which include forms, (for example when I attempt to do money transfers from my bank account - which I can'nt do from my Windows Mobile Smartphone), will not display correctly.
    Yeah, it would be good to have live mobile TV or to be able to use things like sopcast to watch sport.
    09-03-08 04:12 PM
    Well I don't have a bold but I have checked it out. and the only thing i thought was weird was that it seemed too big to me. the battery is almost as big as my pearl lol! Really! so I think if you can go and look at one in person do that and plus you have a 30 day return right? lol!! good luck!
    09-03-08 04:22 PM
    the iPhone will make you cream in your jeans. Get one. It's also a chick magnet. When I whip it out I instantly have the hottest women on the planet on my jock. G-d damn, thanks Steve Jobs!!

I'm getting a sensor hit!

09-03-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD