I am with Rogers and My contract was coming to an end. So 2 weeks ago I called them for a "price match" with TELUS or bell. and they agreed to it. Few hours after setting up my new plan, i noticed that my Wi-Fi symbol is not lit up however it does show the SSID at the top of my home screen as if I am connected to the Wi-Fi Network.

I know My Wi-Fi was working before the contract upgrade. and i have tested with 3 different Wi-Fi networks that I was able to connect previously.

I am running 5.0.0.681. At the time of my Contract upgrade I was running .509 so I thought if I upgraded it might work but didnt.

Is it possible that Rogers blocked my Wi-Fi? Would a carrier have the ability to do this remotely?
    06-07-10 09:20 AM
    Have you tried restoring the blackberry ? Maybe that might work or try downgradeing it? It sounds silly that your rogers stopped wi-fi. Or just take it into bell or whoever your with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:11 PM
    Did you get rid of your data plan? Rogers requires a data plan in order for WiFi to work.

Some months ago I changed my plan with Rogers, dumping my data, and just getting unlimited E-Mail, Text and Messaging (BBM, MSN, Yahoo, etc). Immediately after doing so, my WiFi stopped working. I called them back and a different service agent informed me that some type of data plan was required to use WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 04:48 PM
    I have tried everything but downgrading. I didn’t see the point of downgrading because it stopped working before i upgraded to .681. It does sounds silly for them to do it but the reason i suspect them because before i change my plan i had the 6GB - $30. Though i had it for over 2 years, maximum i have used up was about 180 MB. So i reduced my data plan to 500MB and that come included with my voice plan. As for Rogers, that’s less $30/month from me
    06-07-10 04:55 PM
    if i'm getting this,
    i don't think they would block wifi just for a plan change
    i know they can disable the whole phone (if lost) but haven't heard of them disabling the wifi
    06-08-10 06:44 PM
    go register the Berry with your router via WPA again. Delete the current entry for WiFi router in your berry and set it up from scratch again.
    06-09-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD