I finally switched to OS 6.0.0.415.......the only real problem/annoyance is that whenever I get an SMS message, I get a pop-up screen with a message preview.

I know some of you pine away for that, but it really, really grates on my nerves.

How do I get RID of that pop-up? I have searched throughout CB, searched throughout the settings on my berry.....didn't have this with OS5, but with OS 6, it's driving me nuts!!!!!

Can anyone help me keep my sanity? (Probably not, but does anyone have a solution to this?)
    01-04-11 09:48 PM
    What? I haven't noticed anything like that, you sure it's not an app?
    Can you post a screenshot?
    01-05-11 01:23 AM
    Do you have an app named "Leave it On" installed? If so, do you have the pop ups enabled in that app?
    01-05-11 07:15 AM
    What? I haven't noticed anything like that, you sure it's not an app?
    Can you post a screenshot?
    Do you have an app named "Leave it On" installed? If so, do you have the pop ups enabled in that app?
    I didn't think it was any app I had, because I didn't recall seeing any related settings. However, as I started reviewing all of my apps to list here, I recalled that I had recently installed CallAssist, which allows me to add new contacts more directly to the address book when I get a call from a previously-unknown number....when that happens, there is a pop-up after the call ends asking if the user wants to add the number as a contact.

That made me think about the SMS pop-up, and sure enough, the settings have an SMS pop-up entry.

Problem solved.....thanks for making me think harder!!

Btw, here is a link to the program, that has a screen shot of the settings...

CallAssist freeware for BlackBerry smartphones
    01-05-11 08:46 AM
    i have the same issue however i cannot find any related apps... i cant take a screen shot cant get to the menu while its up ... it has 3 buttons along the right of the box( close, open, & send)... please help this thing is annoying... i beleive it installed without a listing in the applications list because i dont see anything listed that i dont use... my sms agent is crunchsms and there is no setting in it for that...
    08-07-11 11:20 AM
    update: i found the issue, it was crunchsms... in the last update they included a new quick reply feature... so if this comes up again its in the crunchsms settings under quick reply
    08-07-11 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD