I always save some pictures while browsing using my bold, and I realized the saved image size is smaller than the actual size.

For example a 300kb jpeg I saved using PC from firefox, in my bold I get around 150kb for the same jpeg but with worse quality. I know this is the famous blackberry compression but is there anyway to disable it?

Disabling "Enable Compression" in Options > Device > Storage doesn't seem to help. Any other way to disable it? Can I find in the engineering screen?

Many thanks in advance, I really don't fancy the compression that deteriorates image quality. I can live with no compression.
    09-08-11 09:36 AM
    Pictures should save at the same resolution on your BB as they do on your PC.

How are you saving them? The trick is to hover over the picture first, press the menu button and select View Image... then select Save Image once the full picture has loaded.
    09-08-11 09:50 AM
    Pictures should save at the same resolution on your BB as they do on your PC.

How are you saving them? The trick is to hover over the picture first, press the menu button and select View Image... then select Save Image once the full picture has loaded.
    I did exactly the same way, the problem is not the resolution of the pictures, it's the quality.

A picture which should be at 300kb, after saving to my bb it has become 150kb. The resolution is exactly the same but it has been compressed, hence I can see pixels and bad quality due to the compression.

Whereas when I save the same picture from the same URL using firefox to my PC, I get the original, uncompressed file size.
    09-08-11 10:01 AM
    Did you use Desktop Software? That could be the issue.
    09-08-11 11:12 AM
    ^ You guys don't understand my situation... This is not a bug, this is the blackberry compression..

I notice when running on wifi it won't compress, but on mobile data it will compress... Looks like it's compressed before reaching my phone.

Nothing to do with Desktop Software.
    09-10-11 07:55 AM
    Well you said pictures you saved with Firexox ("For example a 300kb jpeg I saved using PC from firefox"). There is no firefox for BB. So if you used Desktop Software to move the images to the device then yes, there is a option somewhere to compress them.

If you didn't do that ("Nothing to do with Desktop Software") then there is nothing to be done.
    09-10-11 10:36 AM
    does it happen when u visit NON-mobile sites on the handset?
    09-10-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD