Is this possible? I wish to have the screen on at all times. Its annoying when I have google maps in my car and the blackout happens!

I've gone into the 'Screen/keyboard' options and checked the 'Automatically Dim backlight to 'off' But I wish to disable the screen from going black period. I can't seem to locate any way of disabling the timeout.

Help?
    06-24-09 12:29 PM
    I can relate with the Google Maps problem while driving. Kind of sucks. I just move the trackball when it begins to dim.
    06-24-09 12:32 PM
    I can relate with the Google Maps problem while driving. Kind of sucks. I just move the trackball when it begins to dim.
    This simple issue MUST have a solution!
    06-24-09 12:34 PM
    It does it is an app called BBLight available from crackberries OTA section on the WAP homepage, it does just that, prevents your screen from dimming. The app must be running and it will prevent the screen from dimming. I use it with google maps as well when I dock in my car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:40 PM
    It does it is an app called BBLight available from crackberries OTA section on the WAP homepage, it does just that, prevents your screen from dimming. The app must be running and it will prevent the screen from dimming. I use it with google maps as well when I dock in my car.

Wow, you are just all kinds of awesome today aren't you?
    I had heard of BBLight but I never thought of the use of it for Google Maps and it not dimming..I was thinking of it just as a "flashlight" kind of thing. Cool!
    06-24-09 12:50 PM

Legend! Many thanks!
    06-24-09 12:50 PM
    Wow, you are just all kinds of awesome today aren't you?
    I had heard of BBLight but I never thought of the use of it for Google Maps and it not dimming..I was thinking of it just as a "flashlight" kind of thing. Cool!
    Lmao, thanks a bunch, I just feel priviledged to finally be able to give something back to the community after all the help I have received. That plus I am at work and we all know what that means....lol

Legend! Many thanks!
    Thank you for the kind words and you are welcome.

06-24-09 12:54 PM
    ...but isn't that a serious battery killer? We know the BOLD is not the best when it comes to the battery, albeit I love it...
    06-24-09 12:56 PM
    ...but isn't that a serious battery killer? We know the BOLD is not the best when it comes to the battery, albeit I love it...
    Yes it has the potential to be, but you are only using it when you obviously need it and a lot of times in the car people have car chargers anyway.

06-24-09 01:02 PM
    Yes it has the potential to be, but you are only using it when you obviously need it and a lot of times in the car people have car chargers anyway.

Indeed. As CBR pointed out when I've got it in my car it is charging anyway! This app is awesome. Thanks again!
    06-24-09 01:10 PM
    Your welcome!

06-24-09 01:23 PM
    when you run google maps, do you hit 0 to center on your location? i've found that if i do that, my screen won't dim...as long as i'm moving. if i stop, it'll dim, but will light back up as soon as i start driving again. i guess you could set the backlight to the max setting, b/c i can't imagine you would often sit at a light for that long....well maybe haha.

but yeah, besides that, bblight!!
    06-24-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD