Guys need some advice,

I woke up this morning to seemingly a dead 9900 (slow red flashing light) whilst still sleepy eyed my thoughts were im just another name to the bricked 9900 list however a battery pull later and my bold fired up only to display an error where the Carrier name appears, phone not allowed MM6.

First thoughts were to search Crackberry for similar issues and so behold I wasn't the first person to experience this issue, but it seems that my phone is blacklisted according to other forum posts.!! How can that be Im the only person to ever touch the phone since buying it from the shop!

Anyhow whilst looking at the device settings page on my bold I noticed the IMEI number seemed wrong so I took the battery out and to my amazement my IMEI on the sticker on stored on the device are different

What happened over night to my BB? How can the IMEI number change overnight?

Im running official .540 and had no issues until today.

Futher more if I use an Orange UK sim I have no issues but if I use my preferred Vodafone UK sim I get the MM6 error.

Is there anyone here who may be able to shed any light on whets happened here?

Andy
    12-12-11 08:22 AM
    You'll need to contact your carrier about this issue, likely it's a sim card related issue. The voda sim might be going bad, or it could be showing the sim's own serial number as the imei.

Just advising, good luck.
    12-12-11 08:54 AM
    the only explanation secretly MI-6 Agents broke into his house last night and stole his blackberry
    pcgizmo#IM and tyler_JC like this.
    12-12-11 09:58 AM
    Tried the voda sim in an old phone ive got lying around and its working perfectly.

So far no luck with vodafone they suggested update to the latest software.... surly if you could fix a mis matched imei no. with a software update whats the point with carriers blacklisting, somehow I dont think that will fix the problem.

As for the secert MI-6 agents its a good theory! Will have to see what they say today now ive "updated" to the latest os
    12-13-11 03:48 AM
    if you have purchased it from retail/ wireless carrier contact them.
    and remember to produce you purchase bill/ receipt as a proof.
    a tiny mistake.
    12-13-11 03:53 AM
    Yeah I went in to the store yesterday and they retrieved the details and could see that the IMEI sticker is correct, So today as you you say might just go with a full arsenal of inventory box, paperwork and phone

Just so annoying never had a problem with a BB before
    12-13-11 04:27 AM
    Yeah I went in to the store yesterday and they retrieved the details and could see that the IMEI sticker is correct, So today as you you say might just go with a full arsenal of inventory box, paperwork and phone

Just so annoying never had a problem with a BB before
    Well,
    Sometimes you have pay for mistakes make by others...
    so be careful for next time.

here's a tip...

home scree >> Options >> devices >> Device and Status Information >> type test here, you will see nothing. but as soon as you have correctly typed test, you will be prompted with "To start testing......" screen. >> press OK >> bb key >> start ....
    and follow the screen and test hardware..

hope this helps..
    12-13-11 04:35 AM
    The IMEI should be the same as on the sticker, dial *#06# to verify...
    It's strange and the IMEI can't be changed. maybe someone sold you a stolen Blackberry device in a new box or something like that.
    12-13-11 04:43 AM
    Well,
    Sometimes you have pay for mistakes make by others...
    so be careful for next time.

here's a tip...

home scree >> Options >> devices >> Device and Status Information >> type test here, you will see nothing. but as soon as you have correctly typed test, you will be prompted with "To start testing......" screen. >> press OK >> bb key >> start ....
    and follow the screen and test hardware..

hope this helps..
    what tests can we run and what are the pros of doing this??
    12-13-11 05:50 AM
    BlackBerry IMEIs can be changed, not by your average joe but it can be done.

I'd say the chances of buying a phone from a carrier with a mismatched IMEI are the same as winning the lottery.

Orange and Vodafone handle the way the phone reports being stolen differently, one will give you an error, the other won't, neither will be able to make calls if you are blacklisted though.

If you bought this from a carrier as new then go back to them, nothing you can do will fix this problem barring getting a new handset or getting the stolen IMEI off the stolen handset register.

The IMEI wouldn't have changed over night either, so it either came like that, or someone took your phone without your knowledge and changed it. A risky thing to do in the UK with a prison sentance of 5 years.

Anyway I suggest you get back to your carrier and get to the bottom of it.
    12-13-11 05:57 AM
    Finally after an hour on the phone it is being replaced. No expalnation as to whats happened or why things differ but hey at least it will work come tomorrow.
    12-13-11 07:23 AM
    Finally after an hour on the phone it is being replaced. No expalnation as to whats happened or why things differ but hey at least it will work come tomorrow.
    Okay. That is a good thing. But next time, call up your carrier. People doing this to customers is illegal. If it happened to be an employee, they're going to lose their job and land in the celler.
    12-13-11 08:18 AM
    If this phone came to you via any official Vodafone outlet (store or website), I'd love to hear from you so I can follow this up in more detail.

Feel free to PM me.

DM
    12-13-11 03:16 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. Monday morning I waked up to a dead phone.
    I pulled the battery out and it came up with the "phone not allowed MM6" message.

After factory reset, and a couple of battery pulls. I notice the IMEI had changed overnight.
    The new IMEI has changed to 004400152020000 which is different to the one on the box and the sticker and invalid by the way.

Finally I find someone with the same problem. I was growing tired of hearing, It must be a stolen phone. Call the police. You are crazy type of response.

Even the carriers support people where puzzled by this and thought that I must have done something probably illegal to the phone.
    12-14-11 04:10 PM
    Could it possibly be the carrier's are changing them? Sounds likely. Such a strange phenomenon. I hope mine never gets changed overnight by windmobile.
    12-14-11 04:24 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. Monday morning I waked up to a dead phone.
    I pulled the battery out and it came up with the "phone not allowed MM6" message.

After factory reset, and a couple of battery pulls. I notice the IMEI had changed overnight.
    The new IMEI has changed to 004400152020000 which is different to the one on the box and the sticker and invalid by the way.

Finally I find someone with the same problem. I was growing tired of hearing, It must be a stolen phone. Call the police. You are crazy type of response.

Even the carriers support people where puzzled by this and thought that I must have done something probably illegal to the phone.

That IMEI no is the same format that mine with 00 displayed beginning ive had my handset replaced now so hope you have as much luck as I did and you can get you problem sorted
    12-15-11 04:59 AM
    Are these units both supplied by CPW onto Vodafone contracts ?
    12-15-11 11:36 AM
    Are these units both supplied by CPW onto Vodafone contracts ?
    hi ,yes mine is from a contract but im using a pre-paid sim for the last year already until recently after a water damage repair where i assume they replaced some hardware im only able to connect via wi-fi as no mobile network options are available
    01-30-14 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD