I was Just wondering, Now with the release of the BB Bold on Vodafone UK, they have also released the .126 firmware upgrade:

9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel243_PL4.0.0.135_A4.6.0.126_Vodaf one_UK.exe

Would this be any different to the previous .126 releases that everyone has been using on this forum ?
    09-05-08 04:38 PM
    Anyone care to comment ?
    09-06-08 03:27 AM
    An OS numbered release should have the same level of functionality no matter where it comes from.

That said, I can see how a large carrier might improve or OEM a few extra files or programs for themselves but I cannot see how they could swap out any stuff that they did not want or to introduce extra OS functionality. I should think that RIM would be pretty annoyed if a carrier jacked up or reduced the functionality in a given release number.

The best way to check this would be to get both files side-by-side and run a FileDiff free xp filediff download against them. A quick check could simply be to compare file sizes.
    09-06-08 04:01 AM
    Thanks for the reply Pete6.

The files sizes only differ by 13k. I Tried doing a file compare, but each time I tried a utility to do it, they crashed.

Basically, I wasn't sure if a .126 for Voda was more stable then the others or would differ, as I still haven't been able to find a OS thats stable with T-Mobile UK.
    09-06-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD