Hi i have watched the cnn.cn videos on assebly/disassembly of the bold.

Just wondering what the difference in difficulty would be between changing the bezel and changing the entire housing? And when looking at bezels I see some include the side keys and some do not? I have one black bezel without any keys, but am now leaning towards going red, preferably getting an entire housing. I would like to start small...for now, my phone is still new to me, and I was a little freaked out on the vidoes with removing the LCD.

Any opinons/advice/links appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by BastetBB; 06-19-09 at 12:56 AM.
    06-19-09 12:43 AM
    Its very easy to do there is a video on cnn.cn, but make sure to take a small exacto blade and remove the white dot on one of the screw heads and save it, just in case you need to have it warrantied

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:28 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by housing. The bezel is pretty much it. The keyboard, side buttons and bottom cover are all connected to it. The PCB (printed circuit board) which is the guts of the phone has the screen and mouse connected to it. The midplate is the part that has the speaker, buttons and antenna all built into it and is what screws down to your bezel form the back to sandwich your PCB and holds the whole phone together.

If you want to change the color of your phone you will need to change the bezel, buttons and battery cover; that's it. You can also change the trackball to one in another color but most of them are cheap and don't work well with exception of the black ones. I got my bezel form gsm4world simply because they had it in black with all the buttons, battery door latch, etc. already on it and in black as well. https://www.gsm4world.us/blackberry-...02450_351.html

Good luck and make sure you post pics!
    06-19-09 02:03 AM

IMG_3669.jpg picture by deal5d2008 - Photobucket

This is what I saw advertised as a housing vs. a bezel+battery door. Not crazy about this exact red, and I would also like to switch to a smooth battery door. I guess now I am just kicking tires...

As far as the side buttons included it looks like that would make the reassembly easier?

Thanks appreciate your input
    Last edited by BastetBB; 06-19-09 at 04:12 AM. Reason: photo embed didnt work. included link. :(
    06-19-09 04:10 AM
    you do not need to remove the LCD to change the bezel.
    06-19-09 06:38 AM
    If you get a bezel without the buttons included you can transfer them from your OEM bezel. Just use some tape to hold them on or else they will keep falling off. I prefer to get the bezel with all the buttons included becuase the colors all match. There are also two little tabs at the bottom corners of your phone that are a pain to transfer.

EDIT:
    BTW, whatever you do don't try to remove the lens. I see that the red kit includes one but it's BS. The lens cannot be removed from the LED screen. Attempting to do so will break it.
    Last edited by tag824; 06-19-09 at 10:20 AM.
    06-19-09 10:16 AM
    not much you can change on the bold, bezel bottom piece, and back is mostly it
    06-19-09 10:24 AM
    yeah real easy to do.
    06-19-09 06:37 PM
    I was going to procede with the black bezel I have as a trial run for ordering red...(must have red, miss my red curve)
    And ca't find a screw driver! ARRGGGHHHH....
    amused myself with upgrading the OS today instead. The first couple of weeks I didnt want to do do/change anything with my new baby...now all bets are off
    06-19-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD