View Poll Results: did u set password for your bb?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 55.13%
  • No

35 44.87%
    as above title, did u set password to protect your P&C info stored in your bb?
    05-28-09 06:28 AM
    Yes, why wouldn't you? As a child of 4 or 5 you should have learned to protect your sh*t, lol. That's why I also just got SmrtGuard.

Chris
    05-28-09 06:38 AM
    Absolutely yes....
    05-28-09 06:56 AM
    Never have, no kids i hope haha, so no.

Might do though just i have the habbit of leaving my stuff
    05-28-09 07:01 AM
    I figure I owe it to the people I keep stored in my phone to protect their info. There's a whole lot of email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc. stored on this thing. Those people don't want just anybody to have all their personal info.

Besides that, any forum I chat on using the BB has my login info stored in cookies. That means anyone who wanted to could request a password reminder which would get emailed to the phone. With enough of those, the person could start seeing if there's a pattern to the passwords I choose and trying my passwords against email and banking sites. It wouldn't be hard to start getting account info on me as my phone is logged into all the major IM services pretty much all the time.

Why on Earth would you not protect your info? These things store a lot more than you probably stop to think about. You're not on a crappy old, free bar phone anymore. How long does it take to put in a password?
    05-28-09 07:03 AM
    off course
    05-28-09 07:03 AM
    I figure I owe it to the people I keep stored in my phone to protect their info. There's a whole lot of email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc. stored on this thing. Those people don't want just anybody to have all their personal info.

Besides that, any forum I chat on using the BB has my login info stored in cookies. That means anyone who wanted to could request a password reminder which would get emailed to the phone. With enough of those, the person could start seeing if there's a pattern to the passwords I choose and trying my passwords against email and banking sites. It wouldn't be hard to start getting account info on me as my phone is logged into all the major IM services pretty much all the time.

Why on Earth would you not protect your info? These things store a lot more than you probably stop to think about. You're not on a crappy old, free bar phone anymore. How long does it take to put in a password?
    true enough, but some friends of mine find it a hassle to key in the password whenever he need to use his bb
    05-28-09 07:05 AM
    true enough, but some friends of mine find it a hassle to key in the password whenever he need to use his bb
    Wait until he gets the chance to compare that hassle to the hassle he has when someone he doesn't know is messing around with his facebook/myspace profiles and friends, harvesting phone numbers out of their facebook contacts, the address book contacts, going through his personal emails, changing passwords and locking him out of his own accounts, etc. God forbid he's ever conducted a transaction from his phone and not cleared his cache. Anyone who doesn't lock their phone when it's a smart phone as capable as a Bold is seriously asking for a world of hurt.

Let's see, type four characters, or deal with the above... which is the hassle again?
    05-28-09 07:10 AM
    I had a password then I downloaded file lock. I'm going back to a password after reading what digitalboy said- that makes a lot of sense.
    05-28-09 07:13 AM
    Hey you see the POLL states i did.... and all i can say is WOW.

I have set a pass on my Bold as i can never afford to lose it and have someone try to crack it, Love to have SmartGuard or something like that and i will be getting it ASAP.
    05-28-09 07:33 AM
    Hey you see the POLL states i did.... and all i can say is WOW.

I have set a pass on my Bold as i can never afford to lose it and have someone try to crack it, Love to have SmartGuard or something like that and i will be getting it ASAP.
    ya quite surprise to see the outcome break even
    seems that there are some are there who do not set the password for their berry
    05-28-09 07:37 AM
    Yep definitely...have had one on my BB since the first day of owning it...dont want anyone getting into my BB without me knowing.
    05-28-09 07:38 AM
    Yep, big time password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 07:42 AM
    Yep, to protect my personal data
    05-28-09 07:49 AM
    Hmm...unlike everyone else. Nope.

My friends know better then to touch my phone, and i dont put myself in situations where i would have to worry about that, and the information in there isnt that amazing anyways!
    05-28-09 07:53 AM
    I'd love to use it, but the one hour limit is a bit of a pain to have to keep re-entering password. Does anyone know if you can make it any longer, say two hours. That would be perfect.
    05-28-09 07:53 AM
    i'm curious to know those who have voted no, are u on BES or BIS?
    05-28-09 07:55 AM
    Just set it, it's a good idea. Is there any back door way that anyone knows of to make the timeout longer, say two hours?
    05-28-09 08:07 AM
    I voted No, and I am on BIS.

as far as I know BES requires one?
    05-28-09 08:11 AM
    as above title, did u set password to protect your P&C info stored in your bb?
    I just set it, it is a good idea. But is there ANY way to make the timeout longer, say 2 hours??
    05-28-09 08:11 AM
    Does anyone know of any back door ways to make the password timeout two hours? Perhaps there is a setting in the engineering screen, but wouldn't know where to look.
    05-28-09 09:11 AM
    I'd love to use it, but the one hour limit is a bit of a pain to have to keep re-entering password. Does anyone know if you can make it any longer, say two hours. That would be perfect.
    one hour??? i have mine set to lock after 2 minutes of being idle...it was annoying at first but seriously it takes like literally 3 seconds to enter your password...so its not a big deal at all.
    05-28-09 09:15 AM
    digitalb0y nailed it!

You may not care about your own personal info, but if you give a damm about any of your friends you'll want to add a password pronto, for their benefit.

It's a good habit to get into and takes no time at all to enter. Better safe than sorry.
    05-28-09 09:23 AM
    so by setting the timeout to 1 hour, it will only require one after the handset is idle for 1 hour right? so if i keep getting emails every 30 minutes and am using the phone, i dont have to worry about re-entering each time? i hadnt thought about adding a password until i read one of the posts talking about getting a forum password mailed to you, then basically hacking till you got everything else. i keep most of my valued information in the password keeper, but if you get one pass, you'll probably get them all.
    05-28-09 09:44 AM
    Yes. Just in case my device gets lost or stolen.
    05-28-09 09:59 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD