A lot of you are very well versed in all things Blackberry, but I wanted to offer this to the noob, as I really am one myself.

I was very concerned when I had to do a warranty replacement on my Bold (trackball problem). Most concerning was the thought I had to reinvite all of my BBM contacts, many of them clients of mine that I did not want to bother with such a process.

DSW worked near flawless. Simple process. Once it was all transferred, I logged into BIS to re-send service books and was greeted with the prompt "Your device PIN has changed from XXXXXX to XXXXXX. Accept changes?". Clicked "Yes" and immediately the service books started hitting my phone.

It also must have changed my PIN with all of my BBM contacts as well, as conversations immediately resumed without any action of my own.

I am sure it has not worked well for others. But I wanted to let you know, IMO, DSW transferred my old phone to my new phone virtually intact (some small issues occured) with very little effort. Excellent tool.
    06-22-09 11:13 PM
    yeah because it imports your bbm contacts. then as soon as you change your pin with your BIS, your pin gets updated on their devices as well on bbm. it wouldn't have been so seamless if you changed your pin BEFORE importing though.
    06-22-09 11:38 PM
    Thankfully, I do not know the answer to that.
    06-23-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD