I did a device switch, everything went smoothly...except it didnt transfer ANY of my contacts

help

any way to get my contacts on my new sexy boold! ( i tried just backing up the contacts but no luck)

Thanks guys!
    08-23-11 02:49 PM
    Try doing an advanced restore of just the address book database, or if you use BlackBerry Protect for OS5, you should be able to get them from a restore within BB Protect.
    08-23-11 02:52 PM
    whats an advanced restore?

I tried just backing up the contacts and restoring them, but it didnt do anything

and no, no bb protect for me :'(
    08-23-11 02:59 PM
    I think device switch just stores the .ipd backup somewhere on your PC.

Just manually restore the contacts using it in Desktop Manager.
    08-23-11 03:00 PM
    I think device switch just stores the .ipd backup somewhere on your PC.

Just manually restore the contacts using it in Desktop Manager.

aaaand how would I do that, if you dont mind me asking.

Ive toyed with a looot of bbs around, but this has never happened haha. so I'm a little puzzled.
    08-23-11 03:08 PM
    whats an advanced restore?

I tried just backing up the contacts and restoring them, but it didnt do anything

and no, no bb protect for me :'(
    Create a backup file from the Tour using DM

Restore the address book to the Bold using Advanced Restore in DM's Device menu. I don't have DM here at work so I can't give you the exact path. Then slect the option that's something to the effect of choosing which items you wish to restore.
    08-23-11 03:10 PM
    Create a backup file from the Tour using DM

Restore the address book to the Bold using Advanced Restore in DM's Device menu. I don't have DM here at work so I can't give you the exact path. Then slect the option that's something to the effect of choosing which items you wish to restore.
    thats exaxctly what I did, no luck. it said it was done and everything went well, until I checked my adress book.

nooooo one in there :/
    08-23-11 03:14 PM
    You basically start up the DM, select Device > Restore and browse to the .ipd file, then selectively only restore the address book
    08-23-11 03:14 PM
    thats exaxctly what I did, no luck. it said it was done and everything went well, until I checked my adress book.

nooooo one in there :/
    Are you sure they were in there in the first place? Are they still on your Tour? Try making a new backup file and repeating the process.
    08-23-11 03:18 PM
    papped and pcgizmo.

Did exactly both things. I'm doing a software update right now and as soon as thats done I will try again.

But Ive done that twice already and no luck...any other options I could try as a last attempt kinda thing?
    08-23-11 03:23 PM
    When you select the address book in the restore, how many entries does it say there are in the address book in DM?
    08-23-11 03:24 PM
    Google Sync app, BlackBerry Protect or VZW Backup Assistant are options
    08-23-11 03:25 PM
    it says there are 153 entries...and it says theyve been all saved

and when i restore, pfoooot, nothing there

ok, I will try something else, idk. bleh
    08-23-11 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD