So I just got an email this morning stating that there's a new device software available for bold 9700. I started the update about 1 1/2 hr ago and it's stuck at "reboot" stage as shown in the pic below.

And it's been stuck at the reboot stage for like 45-50 minutes... is it normal for the update to be taking this long? I believe the device upgrade version is the latest one (OS 5.0.0.979 by AT&T).

I'm too afraid to unplug it, even though the green process bar is not moving forward anymore it seems.

Anyone else experienced the same thing?
    Please share.

[additional Detail] Well, at some point of the reboot (before it got stuck), my blackberry itself DID reboot and had that set-up screen with the blue AT&T background. So I got to do the initial set up (email, wireless connection, font, etc) while the device was still plugged into my laptop. And I still haven't unplugged it as I'm watching the green bar not moving AT ALL. :< Maybe I shouldn't have touched anything (set up) when my berry rebooted? I have no idea... clueless.
    Last edited by danimee; 11-05-10 at 02:24 AM.
    11-05-10 02:09 AM
    U r safe to remove the device but u will get to restore thing back manually

Unplug it and plug it back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 02:37 AM
    Wow this is interesting. I just unplugged and plugged it back and now the update screen shows that "reboot" is completed but it seems to be stuck at "restore" now. How funny is that.
    11-05-10 02:52 AM
    Close that restore now..

Restore things manually...

Nothing to worry about..
    11-05-10 02:56 AM
    That happened to me a few times. I simply closed it when it stuck at Restore Completed and wouldn't return to the main screen.

11-05-10 04:12 PM
    I have the exact same problem, been stuck for half an hour while trying to update via DM, except its stuck on 'install'
    any ideas? :s
    07-10-11 01:11 PM
    I have the exact same problem, been stuck for half an hour while trying to update via DM, except its stuck on 'install'
    any ideas? :s
    Have you used apploader to do the loading yet? It might work, dm sometimes lags.

07-10-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD