I just got my blackberry bold and I noticed that the device memory gets smaller whenever I sync my phone to PC using Desktop Manager. I don't install any applications, it's just that I transfer media files but I copy them to the memory card. I am puzzled and don't know if it is really how the bold works.... Please help... am I doing the transfer wrongly? if I do, how should I properly transfer the files to memory card without the device memory getting smaller?
    06-28-09 09:28 AM
    How much smaller? Does it go back up? If it's a few megs, it could be the OS is using some for the sync and will release it.
    06-28-09 10:28 AM
    I would not worry about app memory unless it begins to affect performance. There are so many processes, apps, etc. running in the background on your device that you could literally drive yourself crazy keeping track of it. Like bt224 says, mass storage mode in and of itself may be dragging memory down. No worries.
    06-28-09 10:37 AM
    How much smaller? Does it go back up? If it's a few megs, it could be the OS is using some for the sync and will release it.
    After sync, it says that I only have 3.5 mb left on my application memory. Should I worry about it? Coz I know I can't install media files, games or applications if it says no more space unless I delete some files. But it really bothers that I have a few mb left when I have not istalled much. Thanks
    06-28-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD