Well I ordered a blackberry tour 9000 off of ebay and when i received it was locked. it has the little master lock icon and says "Device is locked" I could care less about anything on the phone I just want it completely wiped is there any way to disable the lock code or just wipe the phone in general so its off? thanks.
    02-20-10 07:59 PM
    If you enter an incorrect password more than 10 times, it will reset to factory settings. Then you will be able to set it up as you like.
    02-20-10 08:01 PM
    Please search before creating topics. You can either attempt to put the password in until you reach the limit at which time it will wipe the device or you can reinstall the OS or a newer OS. Whoever you bought it from should have removed the password before shipping it. You may also want to try contacting the seller to see if they will be nice enough to provide you with the password.

Chris
    02-20-10 08:02 PM
    Sorry def new to the blackberry world. thanks for the fast help! So just enter 10 bs passwords and it will wipe the phone including the pass word that comes up when turning on the phone?
    02-20-10 08:07 PM
    Sorry def new to the blackberry world. thanks for the fast help! So just enter 10 bs passwords and it will wipe the phone including the pass word that comes up when turning on the phone?
    No worries. Yea, you can set a max number of tries before the wipe happens and the max is 10, so just keep entering BS passwords until it wipes.

Chris
    02-20-10 08:17 PM
    thanks very much! as far a customizing the front page is there any good tips for that anywhere? like changing wallpapers and icons and what not?
    02-20-10 08:24 PM
    There are tons of ways for yout o customize your Bold:

Themes

Wallpapers

Applications

Operating Systems

Ringtones

All sorts of stuff for you to make it exactly what you want it. Just need to look around for what you like.

Chris
    02-20-10 08:29 PM
    Yes, it's true. Don't let someone get their hands on your phone then.

Chris
    02-20-10 08:49 PM
    Yes, it's true. Don't let someone get their hands on your phone then.

Chris
    wow chris, back from the dead?!?!!??
    02-20-10 09:55 PM
    wow chris, back from the dead?!?!!??
    It would appear that way, eh?

Chris
    02-20-10 11:38 PM
    I had set a pass word to my devise which was working fine. I change the pass word yesterday. Thereafter I received an incoming call. While I was attending the call the devise fell out of my hand and battery and set were separated and slightly gone wet. In minutes I got it set right. But now the lock is not getting opened as the Key pad is not operating. Pl help..
    04-25-13 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD