Have just taken over IT support for a small company for 3 months. The directors all have Blackberry smartphones and have been tethering them to laptops. Laptops were Sony and now are Dell XPS 13s. OS is windows 7 64 bit. They have never used the Blackberry desktop manager for this and do not want to. Inspite of my having thorough instructions on how to tether from a previous techie, my efforts are proving fruitless. The Blackberry peripheral Bluetooth drivers from the phone didn't install properly. To get around that I did update driver choose the RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 driver which now shows in Device Manager (COM12). The Blackberry pairs with the Dell with no problems. Blackberry Smartphone shows under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I put code into the Extra Initialisation commands box in Standard Modem over Bluetooth and I configured Dial up networking with our Vodafone UK connection details. Inspite of this I get an error when I try to make the connection. Dell XPS 13 needs to use BB9790 as tethered modem.-bbconnectionerror.png

Can anybody help? Should I install different Blackberry Bluetooth Peripheral Drivers? If so where do I get them from. Somebody else said install SetupBtwDownloadSE from Broadcom but that doesn't even detect a Bluetooth device.
    05-23-13 08:05 AM
    oops. I found the latest problem with was actually a missing " in the initialisation command, but I would still like to know what drivers should be installed windows 7 64 bit and a Blackberry Bold 9790.
    05-23-13 09:07 AM