Hi

I have a bb9780 bold. In my picture library I have 2 pictures which I cannot delete because they are read only, i get the message 'the selected file is read only. Are you sure you want to delete this file? I then click 'yes' but it doesnt go. I cannot open the picture from the thumbnail. I have been reading through threads for a day now and everything I have read doesnt work. I have tried a batttery pull, I have tried the method when you get to date/time and click update time and then do a battery pull, I have plugged it into the computer and not only do those pictures not show up anywhere, neither do most of my pictures, I have done a wipe of the media card and still not joy. Does anyone have a conclusive way to get rid of these pictures permanently??

Much appreciated
    08-04-11 06:45 AM
    OS reinstall ??? i am sure there might be some better suggestion for it.. be patient till the pros reply..
    08-04-11 07:21 AM
    Thanks but excuse my ignorance, what is an OS reinstall and how do i do it? I am not too technical when it comes to blackberry related things.

Thanks
    08-04-11 08:42 AM
    Shrink your os with BB Boss first. There's many threads on this forum on how to install an os. Just search in the search bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 10:10 AM
    Hi

I have a bb9780 bold. In my picture library I have 2 pictures which I cannot delete because they are read only, i get the message 'the selected file is read only. Are you sure you want to delete this file? I then click 'yes' but it doesnt go. I cannot open the picture from the thumbnail. I have been reading through threads for a day now and everything I have read doesnt work. I have tried a batttery pull, I have tried the method when you get to date/time and click update time and then do a battery pull, I have plugged it into the computer and not only do those pictures not show up anywhere, neither do most of my pictures, I have done a wipe of the media card and still not joy. Does anyone have a conclusive way to get rid of these pictures permanently??

Much appreciated
    Connect your bb to your computer and format the mSDcard. Before that you can also try connecting your bb to your computer and trying to delete via your manager.
    08-04-11 10:44 AM
    go to the image... click on the BB button.. select properties...
    there you will get the path of the image file..
    if it is /Device/samples/pictures/file name.png then the file is in the device..(no matter how many times u format ur MSD card it is not going to go coz it is not there in first place.) as said abv try going to the pointed location and delete the file..keep reinstalling the OS the very last option..

if it is /Media Card/Blackberry/ .... then it is on memory card.. formatting it shud fix it.. copy ur required data for a back up and then format it...
    08-04-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD