Deleting Apps

I'm having problems with an App - XMarks, the F'Fox bookmarks sync app - and need to ry deleting and re-installing.

I've tried this twice, via the B'Berry itself and via Desktop Manager. When I reinstall, the App immediately appers on my HomeScreen where I last had it parked, and it retains a memory of my UserName and Login. So, somehow it's not being totally deleted. And the App still has the same problem.

Suggestions how to get a total delete and thus a clean reinstall welcome.

AGB
    06-11-13 11:59 AM
    I'm guessing this is a native app and not an android port?
    06-11-13 02:31 PM
    So XMarks say - it's their App specifically for B'Berry.

I should stress that I've had it working happily on both my B'Berries (the US TMob Bold 9780, and a French SFR Torch 9810) for nigh on 2 years. The problem - the App claims I have no net connection, which is absolutely not the case - has suddenly arisen, just with the Bold. But without a guaranteed clean reinstall, XMarks tech support are being less than helpful....

AGB
    06-11-13 02:56 PM
    This may be above my pay grade, but I am guessing there is a resident program shadow in RAM that you can only get rid of with a device wipe and restore. It is why I tend to backup frequently in case I run into such an issue and I have to wipe and restore to a previous state.
    Please keep us posted. Thanks.
    06-12-13 09:30 PM
    It's probably because it leaves files on your device. The trick is to go into file manager and do a search. Once you find it, delete the app, then delete all folder contents, pull battery and reinstall.

Something along those lines. Maybe not exactly but you get the train if thought. Obviously there's something that gets left behind.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:19 PM