Hey guys, I have a Bold (AT&T) and if i upgrade to an official non-att operating system can i ever revert back to the ATT with the start up logo, lets say when ATT releases 5.0. I assume i cannot because i deleted the vendor file. or will it reinstall the vendor file. sorry im just nervous instaliing a non att os.

Thanks in advance
    06-20-09 04:48 PM
    The removal of the vendor file will not remove the at&t splash screen. The only way the at&t screen is removed is through debranding (taboo topic on here since it uses unofficial software to do it). You can safely upgrade your os to the latest (with removing the vendor file) and it will still be an at&t bold.

Edit: The vendor file simply tells the Desktop Manager whether to load the OS on a particular branded device. Nothing else. You can upgrade / downgrade / sidegrade to an official at&t OS whenever that is. Be sure to check out the stickies at the top of the forum for info on doing the upgrade.
    06-20-09 04:51 PM
    yup, what he said
    06-20-09 05:17 PM
    The removal of the vendor file will not remove the at&t splash screen. The only way the at&t screen is removed is through debranding (taboo topic on here since it uses unofficial software to do it). You can safely upgrade your os to the latest (with removing the vendor file) and it will still be an at&t bold.

Edit: The vendor file simply tells the Desktop Manager whether to load the OS on a particular branded device. Nothing else. You can upgrade / downgrade / sidegrade to an official at&t OS whenever that is. Be sure to check out the stickies at the top of the forum for info on doing the upgrade.
    Great explanation. I'd been wondering about this myself.
    06-20-09 05:53 PM
    Plus when att releases 5.0 there will already be beta 6.0. Don't count on att being up to date with official OS's they just made an updated official .167.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD