Morning everyone,

I've been a reader for an extremely long time and am writing today about an issue that is present within only two of the four 9700's on my family plan. Interestingly enough, the delete (backspace) button, in the middle of texts or bbm's chooses to clear the field instead of deleting the previous letter typed. As much as this has pushed me to increase my accuracy in typing so I wouldnt have to delete, I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this (or noticed this rather).

I hope to hear from you all soon.
    07-09-10 08:02 AM
    The problem that you are facing typically happens when you press "alt" then delete..... just make sure you are pressing alt first.
    07-09-10 08:06 AM
    This was a known bug in earlier OS builds, but it was fixed from .423 I believe
    07-09-10 08:20 AM
    Yeah you're not alone, this happens on the old OS's. As phil basically said upgrading will fix this issue.

But so you know now , if you upgrade, your lock button on top will change to only a lock and your mute button will change to only muting/pausing.
    07-09-10 09:00 AM
    Sadly, attempting to reproduce the issue after pressing the "alt" button isnt working

I am currently on .602 and its happened three times this morning!

Thanks so much for your input.
    07-09-10 09:00 AM
    Same problem here. I am also on .602 and the alt delete issue drives me nuts!
    07-09-10 09:23 AM
    Same problem here. I am also on .602 and the alt delete issue drives me nuts!
    Update to a proper OS then

.602 is NOT a .6xx OS build as the number suggests, as it still has the old style Lock/Standby function, no SMS preview on today themes, and no Alt+del bug fix.

.602 was obviously in testing with AT&T for a looooong time, and is in reality a PRE .423 build
    07-09-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD