08-08-11 03:16 AM
36 12
tools
    that last post helped...but how do you left click in a BB? I figured it out and Gmail is the bomb. I signed up with a new account, synced contacts to G, then deleted them from BB. ...on my exit..I hate BB's.
    05-04-10 11:01 PM
    If you just need to wipe contacts from the handheld and are on a mac:

1. Go into your address book
    2. Hit the Option key and choose options
    3. Type "rset"
    4. Yes to clear all address book data.

that should do it. Us mac people are screwed without Desktop manager, and as much as I love missing sync, somethings are just easier from the handheld. Cheers!
    Thanks so much for that tip I was wondering how to do that too.
    05-09-10 12:12 AM
    Hey, I just figured out another way. I had over 7300 duplicate contacts show up over about 24 hours, for some unknown reason. This got rid of them. It may take some time (took me about 3 hours, or about 2400 contacts deleted an hour).

1. Sync your contacts with Gmail using Google sync on your blackberry.

2. Go to Google mail, then click on contacts on the left side.

3. Click on Find Duplicates on the right side. This will automatically find most, if not all of the duplicates.

4. Select any remaining items that are the same (up to 10 at a time), and click on the merge hyperlink on the right. Repeat as necessary. Your list is now cleansed.

5. On your blackberry, under Downloads, select Google Sync. Left click, select options, left click and select Reset Contacts Sync. This will ask you if you want to delete ALL contacts from your handheld. Select Delete.

6. Wait until all contacts are deleted. This took the longest portion of the time mentioned above. Select Google Sync again, left click, then select Sync Now.

7. Google will sync your cleaned contacts from Gmail to your handheld. You are now done.

Hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,

Cat Preacher.

This is an AWESOME fix...thank you so much for sharing it. I just did this and now have my contacts all corrected.

Now I just wish that I could understand and fix the problem of it duplicating and quadruplicating the contacts so it doesn't happen again.

The best part is how you explained how to merge the dup's in Gmail. I never saw that feature before, it's awesome. Also awesome for fixing the ones that are similiar but not exact duplicates. Click on them and merge them and good to go.

RE: left clicking - on mine (Bold 9000) that is just a regular click (push the track ball).
    06-25-10 10:44 AM
    I use a PC with MS-Outlook as my email/contacts client. If I deleted a contact in outlook and did a sync it would delete the corresponding record in my bold. that being said, if I were to delete ALL my contacts in Outlook, it would do the same on the device.

What type of contact manager are you using on your MAC? I would suggest making a backup of your contacts on your MAC, then deleting the contacts from the program you sync the device with, then run a sync. it should delete the contacts on your device.
    06-25-10 01:08 PM
    I tried that but the Address book was in grey and I couldn't choose it in order to clear it. Any thoughts??? help???!
    08-12-10 11:15 AM
    This worked for me:
    Connect via Blackberry Desktop Manager
    From Main Menu, click Backup and Restore
    From Backup and Restore, click Advanced

You should get a list of device databases on the right. Select Address Book and click Clear, and then select Address Book - All and click Clear. (If you do the "All" step first, you might not have to do the other one.)
    I tried that but the address book is in grey and I can not clear it. Help???!!
    08-12-10 11:23 AM
    I tried that but the address book is in grey and I can not clear it. Help???!!
    Why don't you just try the instructions that are in post #15 of this thread?
    08-12-10 12:04 PM
    This thread really useful for me. I am newbie to bb and this site.

Regards,
    10-14-10 01:02 AM
    I was able to delete all my contacts on my blackberry bold by:

1) Tether cell device to pc
    2) Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
    3) Device > Delete Data
    4) Selected Data > Address Book - All
    5) Delete

My issue was duplicated contacts and this allowed them all to be deleted, then I re-sync'd to my email client.
    01-04-11 04:18 PM
    This is awesome! I'm looking to wipe my contacts in handheld. Is there a site that shows all the hidden code? Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 02:05 AM
    Great tips. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 03:16 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD