Is there any method to define the default number as the one to be dialed (amongst multiple numbers stored for a single contact) -- without having to make the selection when the bold offers the several numbers for that entry? [Note: Of course the number could be assigned to a speed dial key but I'm not asking about that method.]
    01-30-09 12:45 AM
    Is there any method to define the default number as the one to be dialed (amongst multiple numbers stored for a single contact) -- without having to make the selection when the bold offers the several numbers for that entry? [Note: Of course the number could be assigned to a speed dial key but I'm not asking about that method.]
    I have same question too.
    anyone can help?

thanks before...
    01-31-09 01:05 AM
    I think it been asked before and the only suggestion besides a speed dial key is to set mulitple contacts for the same person. ie. John Smith CELL & John Smith HOME.
    01-31-09 11:21 AM
    Eventually the device learns which number is dialed/messaged most and it will automatically default to that number. Although you still have to select it to call it will default to the most used number to shorten the selection process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 11:30 AM
    I would just use a speed dial key honestly. It can't be that bad and u have 26 to choose from. =)
    02-01-09 01:26 AM
    RIM should enhance the OS for designating a Default number in the Contact Record.
    02-02-09 01:24 AM
    I had an 8830 before and never thought twice about it, now that I have the newer, "improved" Curve 9330 model (smarter, I suppose), I have to fumble about trying to dial the actual last number dialed from my phone history.

Why would the last number dialed be anything but the last number dialed instead of the work number for the contact belonging to the last number dialed? And no, my phone has NOT "learned" which number I call most frequently when faced with multiple numbers for a contact. Am I missing something here? What project manager thought this would be an improvement and why after all this time isn't there a fix for this?

Of course, unless I've started complaining before I took the time to search all of BlackBerry for a resolution. In which case I do apologize and do kindly ask for the link to said fix.

Thanks to all..
    07-05-11 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD