hey all
    I have a default email account set up to be my default mime/cical accounts for all my calendar entries etc etc.

the issue is that when Bis did the quite upgrade to support imap thruogh gmail I had to remove the gmail account from Bis and re-enter it manually setting it to use imap instead of pop (read vs unread etc etc)

by doing that it set all my calendar entries to "device default" instead of the actual email address.. there doesn't seem to be any real easy way to change it back aside from me forcing a sync to my pc picking that email account as my default outlook, and then syncing back to my berry.

This creates dual entries.. 1 for the "device default" and 1 for the default email addy.

any advise?
    09-07-08 02:09 PM
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest...although, probably not the preferred way by you of fixing it...

Clear and restore the calendar data on the BlackBerry smartphone.

1. Using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, back up the BlackBerry smartphone calendar data. For instructions, see KB11297.
    2. Using BlackBerry Desktop Manager clear the BlackBerry smartphone calendar database. For instructions, see KB05340.
    3. Manually delete all but one BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] service books, by completing the following steps:
    * On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    * Delete all but one BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] service books. Eeach integration will have an integration named service book, such as [CICAL].
    4. Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141.
    5. Restore the calendar data to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339.

Important: Should another BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] service book be sent to the BlackBerry smartphone, this workaround will need to be repeated in order to move the appointments to the newly sent calendar service.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-07-08 at 02:23 PM.
    09-07-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD