The memory for application of my blacberry bold 9000 is decreasing even i didn't download any new apps. I would like to know why. I've asked someone and he told me that maybe some kind of memory leakage. I wonder how can I know which app is spending the memory. Please help. Thanks.
    03-13-10 11:23 AM
    What apps do you have? Are you using a 3rd-party theme?

When you press and hold the BlackBerry button, what do you see? Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Home, Browser, Messages, and Visual Voicemail (if you have it) are always there. Anything else that is running could drain the memory.
    03-13-10 11:31 AM
    Search the site for memory leak. This subject has been discussed hundreds of times. Maybe someone will post "how to optimize your memory". I am on the mobile site otherwise I would find it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 05:13 PM
    Thanks lak611. Yes, I'm using a 3rd-party theme. As for the things shown after i press and hold the Blackberry button, only those are always there there. Argh... this problem is really pissing me off. I've just updated to OS 5.0 but memory problem is not fixed.
    05-10-10 10:46 PM
    sdmcwilliams: Thanks a lot. I'll search the site for memory leak.
    05-10-10 10:48 PM
    A couple questions, which 5.0 are you running, and where did you download it from? Is it an official release, a leak, or a hybrid?

Second, try deleting the 3rd party theme. I downloaded one the other day, and my file free memory dropped over 10mb in a matter of an hour, so that may be an issue. Try deleting the theme, and reset the device (if it doesn't prompt you to do this).

05-10-10 10:52 PM
    Search the site for memory leak. This subject has been discussed hundreds of times. Maybe someone will post "how to optimize your memory". I am on the mobile site otherwise I would find it for you.

I have been studying my memory leak for some time without any definitive conclusions - yet.
    I installed Memory Booster V 3.3.0 by S4BB Ltd. Hong Kong ([email protected])
    On their HELP About menu, they have a support item which may help you to find out about your leakage.
    I have set Memory Booster to run when free memory is <10%, and it runs alot.
    Memory Booster doesn't always give me my Application Memory back.
    My surefire way to restore application memory is to reboot.
    I have learned I don't have to remove the back and pull the battery. I can simply hold ALT SHIFT and DEL, the screen goes black, and I get a hard reboot.
    This is my first time on BB Forums searching for answers to this problem, so I cannot comment on where the answers may be on BB Forums.
    07-27-10 08:15 AM
    I was having a memory leak problem after I upgraded to .681, and I searched everywhere for answers. Never got any, that helped. Today I downloaded .822, and WOW it's great. Memory leak is gone, and battery is great. Although it's a leaked OS and not official, it seems to be the best OS thus far.
    07-27-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD