Long story short... I've been traveling throughout Asia for the last four months. Missed the Playbook release by a measly week! Duty called at the time. Haven't been back to the U.S. of A. since.

I was looking forward to the release of the new Torch touch (9850), although after seeing this new Bold I've made my final decision. To be honest, the 9850/9860 are frackin' ugly, based on the images I have seen.

The day after I finally set foot back on American soil, mostly due to time-zone change and jet-lag, I am heading to the nearest VZW store and picking up the BB 9930. Shortly after that I will make my way to the nearest Staples, Bestbuy, or other retail store where the Playbook is available, and finally purchase it.

I am currently rockin', as of this very moment, a Storm 2. Yes, the dreaded Storm! I've owned both the Storm 1 and the Storm 2. I will be honest and say... brace yourself... I've loved both. The Storm 2 was a marked improvement over the Storm 1.

However, now that we have the Playbook available, as well coupled with the loss of SurePress with the newest 9850/9860. I will miss the that particular interaction that was unique to the Storm 1 and Storm 2. For myself (this is my opinion, so take it for what it is... my opinion), I can not stand the iPhone type virtual keyboard. I prefer a more physical nature. So I have made my decision... for now at least, until the QNX "Superphones" are released... I will return to the Bold series combined with the Playbook. That is... a 9930 sexed up with the Playbook.

I feel that the 99xx series combined with the Playbook will enhance the overall BlackBerry experience. At least until the next generation BB's appear, which will hopefully rock some version of the QNX OS.
    08-16-11 09:43 AM
    Good Luck and welcome aboard. You will love it I am sure.
    08-16-11 10:59 AM
    I feel the same way in regards to the Storms. Both were great devices, despite their quirks. I will not buy a keyboard-less phone without SurePress.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD