Hey guys, quick question, I followed this bold touch for 6 months and was super hyped, but now that I'm getting rdy to move onto a new smartphone in the next few months idk if the bold 9900 is still my number 1. I love blackberrys but all I see in this forum are people having MAJOR issues with their bolds, literally from bad batterys to jvm errors to poor build quality the list goes on and I wonder if this is why your not seeing the bold touch on att yet(possible its too buggy). Anyway back to the question, is this my next smartphone? I really do not want to have all these problems guys and I know the majority here have significant issues with this phone. I kind of am leaning toward an entry level smartphone like the iphone 4 but I don't want to give up bbm and the keyboard. Leme know what your guys take on this bold is and try to keep it as honest as possible this is my hard earned money on the line here, thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 06:22 PM
    Hey guys, quick question, I followed this bold touch for 6 months and was super hyped, but now that I'm getting rdy to move onto a new smartphone in the next few months idk if the bold 9900 is still my number 1. I love blackberrys but all I see in this forum are people having MAJOR issues with their bolds, literally from bad batterys to jvm errors to poor build quality the list goes on and I wonder if this is why your not seeing the bold touch on att yet(possible its too buggy). Anyway back to the question, is this my next smartphone? I really do not want to have all these problems guys and I know the majority here have significant issues with this phone. I kind of am leaning toward an entry level smartphone like the iphone 4 but I don't want to give up bbm and the keyboard. Leme know what your guys take on this bold is and try to keep it as honest as possible this is my hard earned money on the line here, thanks again.

it's not that the majority of people here have problems with the 9900, it's that the majority of people that DO have problems with it tend to post in places like this. Go to any other smartphone forum and see if there aren't mostly threads about problems with the phones... that being said, the 9900 definitely does have some issues so who knows... I think that if you think it's the right phone for your needs, you should just go for it because any phone you get is liable to have problems anyway.
    10-29-11 06:25 PM
    It is best phone I have ever owned. By far. The typing is so much better and for that reason alone it is worth it to me.
    10-29-11 06:36 PM
    All I can say is that I have had mine for a month now with no issues whatsoever. With light to moderate use, my battery usually lasts 1.5 to 2 days. If I use the browser and talk almost non-stop, it will maybe last 8 hours.

No complaints here.

10-29-11 06:39 PM
    Guys I've no doubt the typing Is excellent but you wouldn't buy a new car knowing it has major issues just cuz the paint job is the best you've ever seen..

10-29-11 06:40 PM
    3 bolds 9930 in the family not one problem best bb out there to date
    10-29-11 06:42 PM
    It is best phone I have ever owned. By far. The typing is so much better and for that reason alone it is worth it to me.
    Agreed. 4th and best Blackberry I've had. Battery usualy lasts me over 24 hours so no problems there.
    One or two minor niggles but my advice would be "go for it"

cvltposeur likes this.
    10-29-11 06:46 PM
    The 9900 is being held up because AT&T doesn't like RIM's handling of NFC, nothing to do with the phone itself. That being said, it's good practice to test out any mobile device you get. If there's a defect, get a proper one. I'm sure you'll enjoy the phone
    10-29-11 07:09 PM
    Any of the issues you've read about on here are gonna be found in any phone, whether it be BB, Iphone or Android. No phone is perfect and with all the BBs i've owned over the last few years i've, knock on wood, never had any issues whatsoever. I currently have the 9860 and my wife has the 9900 and in the 2 months that we've had these phones, not a glitch. Our best and favorite BBs to date. We are both fairly heavy users and have no issue with batteries, ive yet to ever see an error and the speed is awesome. Ya, you may see checkerboarding and that little time clock every now and than but come on, have some patience (2 seconds). As for build quality, these phones get a 10 from me. The most solid BBs ever built if you ask me.
    10-29-11 07:49 PM
    Go for it if u don't wnt to give up bbm etc
    Or 9810 if u wnt slide n better auto focus
    A lot of problems are very minor but hey this is the place to iron them out
    Also if u getting it on contract u r secure
    Warranty etc so jump in

10-29-11 10:58 PM
    I've had my bold 9930 from verizon since launch day and haven't experienced any problems. I have dropped it twice on the damn pavement O.O once on the edge and on the screen. The brushed aluminum sticks out a little so it saved the screen and I always have my phone naked. If I had an iPhone it would of been cracked no doubt. Its a solid phone and built well, it was built in mexico like all NA BlackBerries. I upgraded the firmware too and it runs great. I hope this helps on your decision making, good luck!

10-30-11 11:32 AM
    So far imo the Bold 9900 is the best Blackberry I've had so far. I've been a dedicated blackberry user since the 8700G and even though I as well have had lil problems here and there, what phone will not have a problem. The major plus that I have seen with owning a Blackberry is that certain problems can be fixed yourself with one of the many OS updates or the utensils we have, and having had a problem with a battery before I just got my provider to switch and got a new one and so far its doing great with battery life plus they also sent me a complimentary battery, my provider is Tmobile. The speed and design of this BB make this a 10 in my book and I could say this is the best purchase I've made on BB devices.
    10-30-11 11:50 AM
    Max, if you want a keyboard then don't get an iPhone...as soon as the novelty wears off you'll kick yourself. I have a 9930 and it runs flawless. Don't be scared.

10-30-11 12:05 PM
    A month for me now with my bold ,doesn't have any problem at all and its still rocks ,great phone

10-30-11 12:46 PM
    if your att, why would you release the bold 9900 with the iphone 4s coming out. they arent releading it for smart business reasons. they still have the majority of iphone users and they want to keep it that way now that sprint and verizon have the phone as well, keep the customers that keep your business running happy, and no offense, that aint us bb users. sucks but i cant fault them.
    10-30-11 02:14 PM
    It would not be a very interesting forum if all the threads were entitled "My phone has no problems!". You are getting a skewed sample here of people who have problems. My 9900 has been fantastic since day two(i returned my first one within 8 hours due to a button problem).
    mud314 likes this.
    10-30-11 03:08 PM

Let me start by stating that I am not a fanboy of any particular gadget. I am a geek without prejudice. Now...

I was in a rut for a while, I had the OG Droid on VZ and after almost two years, that phone became a thorn on my side. I waited until apple announced their new Cadillac and on that day I went and bought the 9930.

Why? Well as much as I hate to say this, I was not impressed with the phone. To me my phone is an extension of my computer, which btw for work is Mac Mini and my personal is MBA. I can tell you that the two marry each other rather well. I like Menus, something you really do not have in the iOS world, you do to some level on Android. Not sure about WP7, those devices are just odd I think.

Why do I like Menus? Options. Nothing provides you a better user experience than having options. You do not have to switch from one app to the next in order to do something. You should not have to. I have the option to Email a pic, BBM, SMS, FB, Twitter....you get the point all from one app. You cannot do that, to my knowledge, with an iOS device. I used to own the iPad.

Security, I don't think any other phone on the market is as secure as the BB. At first and to some degree even now I find the security warnings a bit annoying, but here is what I learned after owning a BB. The apps we install on our phones, obtain WAY too much data from our phones. On a BB you have to approve these permissions. Not so on Android, iOS and again no clue on WP7. No, you don't have to read the entire EULA but you are given the option of what to share and what information the app has access to, that's important to me, it may not be to you.

Gaming: Good luck finding good games on a BB. Seriously. I however started noticing that the game apps that I did buy, are not really that great to play on a device that only has touch screen. The Xperia Play from Sony is an exception, but no, you cannot sync it like say your PSP to your Playstation account. Think about this scenario: you are playing a game on a 3.5" screen, you have to place your fingers on the screen in order to play the game, you don't get to experience the whole game because your paws are all over. Gets old, I had the OG Droid and after a while I just gave up trying to play games on it.

If you are a youtube fan, forget it on the iOS devices they tend to not play Youtube well, even my "subpar" droid could play it better. My BB so far no problems with it.

But the 9930 is not a dual core? Nope it's not, up until now that realm belonged only to Android devices. I can tell you that the processor on my BB 9930 is amazingly fast.

OS updates: I am a born again BB user so I am not sure how well those go, but so far I have already received one major update and other than it takes for ever, no problems at all. iOs updates once a year. Android updates...are a joke. Sorry to those that think differently but they are a joke. In order to get the update, you have to wait for Google to develop and then release it to the Mfrs; after which your phone may or may not get an update. Even if the phone is fully capable of supporting the OS; Samsung being the absolute worst at updating their phones. HTC being the best. Moto, forget them. LG they are a frigging joke.

If you are a social person, I gotta tell you, the 9930 integrates FB and Twitter like no one else. It's simply an amazing phone when it comes to keeping in touch with your social circle. Oddly LinkedIn only works through their Travel app.

My battery life has been great, much better than my OG Droid and better than my roommates' iPhones.

But really what it boils down to bud is personal preference. No phone is really greater than the other, providing you stay away from Lg and a distant second place Motorola. Samsung will provide you the best screen, but plastic casing. HTC will provide you good quality phones and they tend to update their phones. iPhones so far are not for me, but they are for millions of people and you could be one of them and there is nothing wrong with that at all, it's your money, spend it as you see fit.
    10-30-11 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD