I followed all of the tutorials and i cant even get pass the first step. i plugged my phone up with no internet connection and the application wont even start step 1. what am i doing wrong. can someone walk me through this that has successfully debranded their phone. alot of people tell me that my PIN is blocked but i dont understand what thta has to do with me debranding my phone. i have a blacked out BOLD with a T-Mobile Logo On front but it boots up with ATT that sucks and i would like to change that. ill stay posted.
    08-20-09 01:24 AM
    you can check here. The first post suggests that you try google but u can read thru the rest of the thread to see if there is help.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/unl...anding-181612/
    08-20-09 01:40 AM
    Funny how people risk permanantely damaging their phones because of a two second splash screen that only appears on start up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:33 AM
    Funny how people risk permanantely damaging their phones because of a two second splash screen that only appears on start up.

Agreed. The quote in my sig is real, and it wasn't funny for that guy either.
    08-20-09 08:36 AM
    But its so cool havin an unbranded phone! haha, 100x faster.

Now my luck, ill try doing something to my bold, and ill wreck it
    08-20-09 09:00 AM
    Agreed. The quote in my sig is real, and it wasn't funny for that guy either.
    It's been said here countless times, there is no reason or real advantage for unbranding a phone.
    Last edited by JD914; 08-20-09 at 10:11 AM.
    08-20-09 09:33 AM
    No there is, my average app. memory on my bold was at like, 30MB i think prior to unbranding, after i unbranded, im always at like, 55MB and my phone is seriously 100x faster. I now consider my BB to be a "finely tuned athletic machine"
    08-20-09 10:25 AM
    it releases more memory and i have tmobile all around my phone/housing i dont wanna see a ATT splash screen. so is someone gonna walk me through it or not
    08-20-09 12:44 PM
    I had a similar problem. I ended up uninstalling DM 4.7 and installing DM 4.6. Then...for some reason...it worked. Remember, you do need some version of the DM installed for the software to work.
    Last edited by nfh16; 08-20-09 at 01:10 PM.
    08-20-09 01:05 PM
    so is someone gonna walk me through it or not
    I seriously doubt it. Google is your best friend.
    08-20-09 03:38 PM
    It's been said here countless times, there is no reason or real advantage for unbranding a phone.
    I agree ... why mess with something that works well in it's original and RIM authorized configurations. If you do not want to see the splash just don't turn the phone off.

It doesn't make any sense to me when folk complain that they have a problem with black hole mods that can destroy a working phone. (I don't sky dive either.)

And, the answer to the OP's header: "What Am I Doing Wrong???"
    What you are doing wrong is stated above.
    08-20-09 03:49 PM
    So, does debranding replace the OS you have installed or no? And how much memory am I looking to gain by debranding an AT&T bold?

08-20-09 04:13 PM
    And how much memory am I looking to gain by debranding an AT&T bold?
    Not enough to risk permanently damaging your phone.
    08-20-09 04:23 PM
    If you want to gain memory in a safe way, try Crackmem to remove unwanted crapware. Of all the talk about debranding, this is the first mention of any significant gains in speed or memory. As JD says, this is a bad plan.
    08-20-09 04:27 PM
    it releases more memory and i have tmobile all around my phone/housing i dont wanna see a ATT splash screen. so is someone gonna walk me through it or not
    In simple words;
    Nobody here is going to help you with debranding. It involves stolen and illegal software, and we do not allow that discussion here on CB. Please take the advice of the other experienced users.

For the record, if anyone tries to publish the details of debranding here on CrackBerry.com, either direct or as links to other sites, the messages will be removed.

Oh, and I notice you say your PIN is blocked. The phone will never work correctly, it is not worth the effort to even attempt debranding. The most frequent reason for a blocked PIN is either a stolen phone, or a pre-production test device which is still the property of RIM and was blocked after testing. The AT&T splash screen suggests Stolen as the most likely reason. Sorry to bring bad news, it looks like you have been scammed.
    08-20-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD