My first bold had one annoying dead pixel. I exchanged it and the new one had no dead one I could notice. I just found TWO dead pixels on the new one (Almost two month old). I am going to have to deal with it and they are barely noticeable unless you stare at them hard on a completely black screen. How else is having issues with the screens... Is it due to cleaning the screen? Perhaps!
    03-13-09 11:19 AM
    How do you see a dead pixel with the screen black? Is it just stuck on? If it is, try a batt pull to fix it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:46 AM
    No issue on mine
    03-13-09 11:48 AM
    Yes, is it on a black screen or a blank screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 03-16-09 at 08:07 PM.
    03-13-09 11:49 AM
    He may mean a black screen when the unit is on...in which case the pixel may show up as white....maybe?
    Edit: Cleaning the screen should never result in a dead pixel. I would get a replacement from AT&T
    03-13-09 11:54 AM
    Hey man, had this happen before....
    DO a search on google for a video you can download that runs on your screen and gets rid of it....

This is the video I am talking about. Run it non-stop overnight....it'll get better...might not get rid of it completely, but after a few days you'll forget about them anyways...
    03-13-09 12:22 PM
    Most dead pixels show up as white on a black screen. Dead/Stuck can be white for the most part, but can also be other colors, specially stuck ones. They blend very well with other colors, except with a black screen. They are hard to see and find at times, specially when they are very small in our case. You guys should look closer and see...

Actually cleaning an LCD is tricky and it must be powered off, at least on PCs.
    03-13-09 12:25 PM
    Hey man, had this happen before....
    DO a search on google for a video you can download that runs on your screen and gets rid of it....

This is the video I am talking about. Run it non-stop overnight....it'll get better...might not get rid of it completely, but after a few days you'll forget about them anyways...
    That did not help, since they are dead pixels, not stuck ones. Well I think I will live. It appears to be a common problem with the BOLD (Two I had so far) and I can only see them when I focus on them, otherwise I cannot tell they are there. If I find more, well I will exchange it.
    03-16-09 04:30 PM
    No dead pixels on mine... Seems unlikely that cleaning your screen caused the pixels to fall dead...
    03-16-09 04:41 PM
    Most dead pixels show up as white on a black screen
    Actually, its the other way around. Dead pixels will show as black on a white screen.
    03-16-09 06:16 PM
    A fair percentage of full size monitors have at least one dead or stuck pixel so to be honest I'd be surprised if the same wasn't common on phone screens as well although since the pixels are a lot smaller it's not going to be half as noticeable.
    03-16-09 06:49 PM
    Most dead pixels show up as white on a black screen. Dead/Stuck can be white for the most part, but can also be other colors, specially stuck ones. They blend very well with other colors, except with a black screen. They are hard to see and find at times, specially when they are very small in our case. You guys should look closer and see...

Actually cleaning an LCD is tricky and it must be powered off, at least on PCs.
    No dead pixels on my Bold. Thank ye gods for small favors I suppose.
    03-16-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD