Hello,

I have this issue with my Bold.

When I plug it into my pc, the LED lits up. And my pc recognises the thing.

It says, PIN:Unknown. But when I try to start it, (without cable) the LED goes on, and then off again.

I tried another screen, but that didn't work.

I tried to put the screen from the broken Bold into a working one, and I got a white screen only. After connecting the other screen, my working bold, worked again.

So the main question is: Is the screen broken or is it the firmware that has been nuked?

Because I've tried now to use the MFL loader and there it failed, so can anyone help me with this??

I remember when I nuked my first bold, I needed to put the battery in after a special thing, but I cant remember when or how to do that.

I tried the Apploader, but it hangs on "Waiting for device initialization"
    Last edited by tompirlet; 07-09-09 at 07:11 AM.
    07-09-09 06:38 AM
    I tried the MFI multiloader,

But that one says after the Post Connection thing, FAIL! => Unable to connect to the device radio, perhaps the device is password locked.

how can I delete the password, I allready nuked the phone (blinking LED) but with no further success.
    07-09-09 09:00 AM
    I tried the MFI multiloader,

But that one says after the Post Connection thing, FAIL! => Unable to connect to the device radio, perhaps the device is password locked.

how can I delete the password, I allready nuked the phone (blinking LED) but with no further success.
    Lets see now, you are attempting to use Multiloader (stolen software) on a password protected (stolen hardware) Bold and you are looking for help?

07-09-09 09:24 AM
    Nope, it's not like that.

I've bought the phone from someone, which is unreachable atm (he's in Spain and left his cell @ home)

So I really want to get to use this Bold.

I used the MML to nuke it, so now the LED blinks, but when I try to use the apploader, it gets stuck at the second stage.

Also when I used the MML, when I tried to Load the new soft on it, it blocked on "Post Processing" and then gave the FAIL tag as result.

After the use of the apploader I get: Couldn't connect to the phone while loadprocess in multiple steps"

When the phone is plugged in with USB, it seems to reconnect all the time. when it connects, it stays on for +/- 30 secs, then it reboots.
    07-09-09 09:34 AM
    Unless you have the password, anything further is a waste of time.

There is no way to distinguish between a 'lost' password and an attempt to violate device security.
    07-09-09 09:35 AM
    Well, I've asked him, and there seems to be no password on it, so we can start again from 0
    07-09-09 02:52 PM
    Ok, an update: Sometimes I get a lit up screen, no bright white, just grey-white:

07-10-09 01:45 PM
    Help bump ???
    07-21-09 11:36 PM
    Lets see now, you are attempting to use Multiloader (stolen software) on a password protected (stolen hardware) Bold and you are looking for help?

I have to agree with this post.
    07-21-09 11:49 PM
    Well, I've asked him, and there seems to be no password on it, so we can start again from 0
    Also, since you said he was unreachable atm, how did you reach him to ask?
    07-21-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD