Hello all,

I don't know what happened, but my 9780 quit on me today, for no apparent reason... Screen just was white when I went to check my messages, and stayed that way. I don't have access to anything. I have tried to pull the battery off, charge it fully, ... Dead
    I have bought a refurbished 9790 that should be there next week.
    As I have backed up my 9780 using the Blackberry desktop application, I wanted to know how I could restore all my contacts from those backups to this new phone. Or if there was any other way.
    I couldn't find any other phone than the 9790 in my price range, so... Hope I didn't goof up

Thanx for your posts
    09-06-14 01:32 PM
    There is a very simple solution if you use blackberry protect. If you have been, all you need to do is login to your new device with your blackberry protect unique ID, select a restore point, it will restore your basic essentials like contacts & back ups.

Alternatively just connect your new device to your blackberry desktop manager and select the restore from previous device option.
    09-06-14 02:15 PM
    Thank you for your answer
    I was drying my tears when I found that video on Youtube, how to fix the white screen of death. I figured I could try it out, and SUCCESS!!!!! My 9780 is back from the dead
    I'll still receive the 9790 next week, I'll see if I keep it or not. What do you think? What would be your decision?
    09-06-14 02:20 PM
    Thank you for your answer
    I was drying my tears when I found that video on Youtube, how to fix the white screen of death. I figured I could try it out, and SUCCESS!!!!! My 9780 is back from the dead
    I'll still receive the 9790 next week, I'll see if I keep it or not. What do you think? What would be your decision?
    Well you have a legacy device, and the up to date legacy device for Bold is 9900 or 9930. I have kept my 9930 as I find the trackpad very efficient for my business needs. Even though I have a Q10, I still end up using my 9930 for most of my work needs.

It is always practical to have a spare device incase one goes out of action. However, you may want to consider looking into the Blackberry Classic coming in November/December this year as it also has a trackpad & is on the latest BB software (BB10), while bold is on (BB7.1).
    09-06-14 02:57 PM